02. jealousy jealousy

CHAPTER TWO
( ! jealousy jealousy ! )

THE NEXT MORNING, Marley woke up and put on her navy bikini, then high-waisted jean shorts, and a tube top on top

THE NEXT MORNING, Marley woke up and put on her navy bikini, then high-waisted jean shorts, and a tube top on top. She put her flip-flops on, shouting goodbye to her sister and maybe her mother before she headed out the door to wait for John B and JJ to pick her up on the boat. The girl looked around to see a big mess. Trees lay all around her neighborhood while birds flew high. The day after a hurricane is always great for fishing, so Marley could guess the group's plans.

She waited a few more minutes before she heard JJ. "Marley Jeen! Your chariot awaits, m'lady!" She laughed at the boy before running down the dock and towards the boat. Once at the end of the dock, JJ stuck out his hand to help the girl aboard, which she took with a smile, hopping on.

"Where are we off to now?" Marley wondered, looking at the boys. John B looked at the girl as he began steering the boat again, "First, we are gonna get Pope, and then Kie." The girl nodded her head, turning to see JJ offering her his joint, which she quickly took with a grateful smile.

They made their way down the marsh towards the docks of Pope's dad's shop. The boys talked about the boats they passed as Marley waved to people she knew as they went by. The group began passing Miss Amy, and John B smiled. "Hi, Miss Amy! You guys get through it?" Miss Amy smiled at the kids before replying, "Still here."

"She totally looked at me." JJ smirked after they went by, causing Marley to roll her eyes, and John B nodded, "I saw it." The girl laughed, "You both are delusional." that caused JJ to nudge the girl, making her laugh more. "Dude, look at this place," sighed John B as JJ whistled. Marley looked around and sighed, "Kie would hate to see all this trash in the water." The boys nodded as JJ sighed, "Agatha, what did you do?"

"She's a crazy lady." John B agreed, and JJ nodded. "Hardcore dude."

"We are going to be cleaning this all summer," JJ sighed. John B frowned. That is my nightmare." Marley looked ahead and saw Pope spraying water into a bucket. "Look who we have here."

"We have a safety meeting. Attendance mandatory," John B stated, cupping his hand around his mouth to make his voice sound like it was from a radio. "I can't. My pops got me on lockdown." Pope replied as his dad, Heyward, walked up behind him. "Come on, man," JJ smiled, doing the radio voice as well, "Your dads a pussy. Over."

"Oh, I heard that you little bastard," Heyward replied, pointing at JJ. Marley made eye contact with Pope, "Run." John B looked at Heyward, "We need your son." Marley nodded as JJ quickly added, "Yeah, and island rules. Day after Hurricanes a free day." Heyward scoffed. "Who the hell made that up?" JJ looked at Marley, trying to make someone up. The girl smiled at the man before replying, "It was the Pentagon or something. We have security clearance." JJ nodded his head at her response as Heyward rolled his eyes.