Chapter 28

A few weeks have passed since Agnetha found out that she was pregnant again and she and Björn couldn't be any happier. It was just what they needed at this particular moment despite their advanced age. Linda and Christian couldn't be anymore happier for their parents along with Tilda, who was happy for her Mormor and Morfar. Emma and Anna were also happy for Björn and Agnetha, along with Benny, Frida, and Görel. To her, it was a sign that Björn wasn't going to leave Agnetha ever again and Agnetha herself felt the exact same way as her eldest granddaughter when it comes to the situation.

Today, Agnetha and Björn were heading into the clinic for Agnetha's first prenatal appointment. Björn and Agnetha were both feeling excited yet nervous to see their unborn child for the first time. And to be honest, it felt a little weird. Yes, the couple were both happy that they were pregnant again and their children and grandchildren were happy, but Agnetha especially was worried about how the public would react to her pregnancy. She didn't want to take so much hate and criticism from her fans and just the general public only because she was pregnant at 69 years old. Luckily, the fans and most of the public were happy for the couple after they made the official announcement, but that didn't stop quite a few members of the public from being cynical of course.

Agnetha and Björn entered the examination room after a short wait and the medical technician got Agnetha prepared for her ultrasound before Ella came in and greeted the couple.

"Hello guys! How are you feeling today?" Ella announced with a huge smile beaming on her face.

"I'm doing well, thank you," Agnetha replied.

Ella was still finding it hard to believe that the IVF treatments and the artificial insemination had actually worked and that Agnetha was pregnant. She couldn't feel anymore happier that her two idols were expecting a baby together at their age along with the fact that they were back together and that she got to be Agnetha's OBGYN. She was bursting with excitement but often tried to hide it, but not very well and Björn lightly chuckled at her.

"I see that you're excited about this baby as much as we are," Björn pointed out as he lightly chuckled at Ella.

"Yes for sure," Ella replied. "Time to get started."

Ella warned Agnetha that the gel she was about to pour onto Agnetha's pregnant stomach was cold and not to freak out before actually doing so and rubbing her device around Agnetha's belly. Björn and Agnetha looked in fascination at the grainy black and white pictures on the screen and were also impressed with the modern technology being used during the ultrasound. After a little while of searching around, Ella found not one but two babies on the screen in front of them.

"Looks like you guys are having two babies for the price of one. Isn't that cool?!" Ella gushed as she turned to the couple.

"Yeah it is," Agnetha replied as tears of happiness rolled down her cheeks.

"And it's a good way to quote one of our songs as well," Björn joked.

"Anyways, I think this is the perfect time to hear their heartbeats," Ella suggested.

Ella checked the babies heartbeats as Agnetha cried even more. She was not only happy and surprised to hear that she was pregnant, but that she was carrying twins and was hearing her babies heartbeats for the first time. She couldn't feel anymore sentimental. Ella cleaned off Agnetha's pregnant stomach and let them have a moment alone while she collected the scans.

"I can't believe it Björn," Agnetha cried softly. "We're having twins."

"I know Agnetha," Björn breathed as he held Agnetha in his arms. "I know."

"It wasn't surprising though, wasn't it?"

"No at all. After all, with IVF treatments, a woman is most likely to carry multiples."