35. Dear Brother.

Start from the beginning

Lilith and Kol glanced at him, laughing, before they continued on their way.

<^>

It wasn't till about 45 minutes after Kol and Lilith started torturing Damon that Kol's phone rang. It was Klaus. "Little brother. Just two days home, and I'm told you've already gone and made a mess. Lilith too." There was a smile in Klaus' tone the two picked up on.

"Come on, Nik. We're was only having some fun." Kol shared a grin with Lilith and the brunette was creating a large cut on Damon's neck. Damon groaned.

"Those vampires were for my hunter." Klaus was referring to the vampires Kol and Lilith slaughtered earlier.

"I'll make some more. There's no shortage of people." Kol rolled his eyes.

"Where's Damon Salvatore?" Klaus asked and the two Mikaelsons just knew Elena was with him, telling Klaus to stop them.

"I gave him a good and proper beating just for old time's sake. Lilith is currently creating a mess of jagged lines on his neck." Lilith looked up and grinned. She stepped away from Damon and walked to Kol's side.

"Hey, lover!" Lilith greeted with a playful tone. She heard Klaus give a fond yet exasperated sigh.

"Hello, love." Klaus responded and Lilith walked back to Damon. "Yes. Well, you've had your fun. Now let him go and come home. Avoid any more trouble, or you'll find yourself back in a box." Klaus brought the subject back to his younger brother.

"Hey. No need to be nasty about it." Kol groaned, tired of the dagger threats.

"On the contrary, I find nastiness to be essential whenever my siblings try to sabotage me. Listen closely, Kol. Stay away from the Gilbert boy. You understand?"

"Fine. I won't touch him. You have my word." Kol grinned, he was already looking for loopholes in Klaus' words. Kol hung up without another word. He turned to Damon, the vampire sitting on a beer keg holding a stake in his chest, covered in gashes. "Very good, darling. Now stab yourself a little bit further."

"If you're gonna kill me, do it like a man." Damon said, pushing the stake into himself, as he groans in pain. Lilith stood time his left, holding up her blood covered nails, examining them closely. There was a smile in her eyes.

"I don't want to kill you. I just wanted to make sure you could be compelled."

"I'm gonna rip out your spleen." Damon threatened but it only made Kol chuckle.

"You ought to be thanking me. I mean you don't really want the cure found. You fancy Elena. I mean, even more now that she's a vampire. Admit it. The last vestige of her humanity is her annoying little brother Jeremy, and deep, deep down, I bet you want him dead, don't you?" Kol stepped closer to Damon.

"Nope!" Damon yelled.

"That's a lie, Salvatore." Lilith said with a playful smirk. "Kol, if you will." Lilith gestured to Damon's form.

"I bet you'd love to rip his head right off...And I'm gonna give you your wish." Kol crouches down in front of Damon and compels him. "You're not gonna remember what I say, but you're going to find Jeremy Gilbert, and when you do, you're going to kill him." Kol found gen loophole in Klaus' words and he loved it.

Damon struggles but Kol's compulsion winter over and the Salvatore nodded. Lilith and Kol stepped back, Damon immediately running off into the night, ready to hunt Jeremy. Kol and Lilith shared a dark, sadistic laugh as they left. Blood still needed to be spilt and consumed so the two Mikaelsons were out on the prowl.

<^>

Kol and Lilith walked into a room within the Mikaelson mansion, both now clean of the blood that was once covering their lips. They paused when Rebekah entered the room through the other door. She looked pissed.

"Going somewhere? I would if I were you. If Damon kills the hunter, Nik will not be pleased." Rebekah crossed here arms and glared at her brother. She was ignoring Lilith.

"I told Nik I wouldn't touch the kid. I didn't." Kol smiled, happy to use the loophole.

"Oh. Well, that was clever. I'm sure he'll really appreciate it." Rebekah was sarcastic. Kol pushes past his sister to leave but Rebekah pulls out the white oak ash dagger and points it at his back. Kol stops instantly. Lilith stood, ramrod straight, looking at Rebekah with wide eyes. Kol looked up and looked eyes with Lilith.

"Rebekah! Enough!" Lilith yelled, taking a step closer but Rebekah pushed the dagger harder against Kol and Lilith paused.

"You'd really dagger me?" Kol hid his hurt well but Lilith caught it immediately, she knew Kol better than most. He only wanted his siblings attention so, to him, this was heartbreaking.

"If I do, Damon's compulsion ends and this is all over." Rebekah's voice was hard and cold.

"And then you're no better than Niklaus. Daggering siblings when you disagree with them." Kol paused. "Look at what this family has become. I mean, Elijah won't even show his face, he's so disgusted by our bickering. This cure has ruined us, and it hasn't even been found yet. Just imagine what would happen if it is." Lilith's heart jerked at Kol's defeated tone. The brunette wanted to step closer but she knew Rebekah would only dagger Kol, and she really didn't want to fight Rebekah.

"This family was ruined long before we knew about the cure." Rebekah didn't even care what she was doing. Kol suddenly vamp-speeds around to face Rebekah and points the white oak stake at her heart. "Kol!" Rebekah yelled. Lilith took a step closer when she heard footsteps. They belonged to Klaus.

"I won't let you raise Silas." Kol said as Klaus vamp-runs into the room and breaks up the two of them. Lilith could only watch.

"Enough of this foolishness. Put it down, Kol." Kol looked between the two, hurt that they were against him. He rushed out of the house. Lilith growled and pushed pasted the two of them, heading after Kol. She'd deal with them later, her brother needed her.