Chapter 31 - Part I

"Chotte, we don't know where Khushiji is," Anjali replied, equally worried. "She left in the afternoon saying she will be back soon but still hasn't come back. We're all so worried Chotte! We don't know what to do! She didn't even tell us where she was going!"

Arnav felt his world come crashing down. No... NO! This couldn't be happening to him!

Within seconds Arnav was out of the door, rushing to search for Khushi. He called his drivers instantly, ordering them to search for her everywhere while he himself got into his car and started driving madly, his eyes searching for his wife, his life.

"Where has this girl gone?" he asked himself. He was going crazy with worry – she was out there all alone, so late at night – he looked at the clock and it was nearly eight o'clock.

And then suddenly an idea hit him – the one place he hadn't checked were the mandirs.

Last time he'd gone looking for her similarly, she'd been at the temple.

Feeling hopeful, Arnav sped through the roads to get to the Devi Maiyya Mandir.

As soon as he got there, he stomped on the brakes hard, leaping out of the car in and instant.

He climbed up the stairs in a hurry, his eyes constantly searching for his love...

As his eyes roamed here and there, he felt her before he caught sight of a woman in a familiar pink saree.

"Khushi," her name escaped his lips like a prayer... a plea... Relief coursed through his veins seeing his wife standing there,

***

"Khushi!" he called out, trying to get her attention.

Khushi, who'd felt her husband's presence and heard him call out to her refused to acknowledge him and continued to pray – or at least pretended to.

Seeing her not responding to him, Arnav called out to her again, "Khushi!"

Khushi moved further into the crowd, not wanting to speak to him.

"Khushi!" Arnav was getting angry now as he realised that she was trying to ignore him. Already he'd spent almost an hour going crazy wondering where she was, and now that he'd found her she was hell bent on moving away from him?

He tried to keep up with her as she moved to the row in front, trying to look over the people to ensure he doesn't lose sight of his wife.

"Khushi!" he called. "Khu–" Before he could finish, again she moved to stand in the row that was in front of where she was currently standing.

Arnav again followed her to that row, although there were a few people standing between him and her.

"Khushi, kya karne ki koshish kar rahe ho?! (Khushi what are you trying to do?!)" Arnav asked over the people, getting annoyed.

Again, Khushi moved to the next row, much to Arnav's vexation.

Arnav followed her once more – this time there was only one person standing between them. "Khushi, abhi, issi waqt mere saath chalo! (Khushi come with me, right now!)" his tone leaving no space for arguments.

Well, Khushi wasn't going to argue anyways – she was simply going to walk away. And she started doing just that when she heard, "KHUSHI MAIN TUMSE BAAT KAR RAHA HOON! (KHUSHI I'M TALKING TO YOU!)" he yelled.

Khushi stopped, her back still facing him, shocked at what he'd done.

That was when Arnav realised what he'd done as well.