Chapter 25

Hi guys, before the update, I just want to say a big thank you to every single person who commented on the last chapter. I'm sorry I had a bit of a moan on Monday - I understand that the lack of comments was because there was a glitch on Wattpad and many people didn't get notifications for the update. 

But just to explain my side, whenever I post a chapter I get really excited to read your thoughts on it - what did you think of it? What did you like about it? Which characters do you like? Which characters do you dislike? Do you think the characters are doing the right thing etc. I get really excited to read your comments. And when I didn't even get half the normal comments on Wattpad for the last chapter I got really upset - I'm not even exaggerating when I say that it ruined my day and mood. So I'm sorry if it sounded blunt, especially when it's not really the regular readers' fault that there was a glitch on the system. But I was upset and I hope you can understand that. 

As promised, updates will be regular and normally they will be posted on Sunday evenings London Time, or you can check Monday morning IST. Updates will be weekly. So regardless of whether you get notifications or not, please watch out for updates on these days on a weekly basis.

 Sunday is the only day I can post since I work all the other days and I won't have time. That's why I couldn't post this chapter till today even though you had all pretty much commented by the middle of the week. So the quicker your response, the better chances you will get an update every week. If the response is low like the last chapter initially, the update will be postponed to the following week. I think it's only fair.

Anyways, now I've explained the routine for updates, let's get on with the chapter:

A few minutes later, they all settled down on the sofa.

"Chotte, we've forgiven you but that doesn't mean that we can just forget what you did and move on," Anjali said.

"Exactly," Nani agreed. "You made a mistake and we still need to correct it."

Arnav looked on confused.

"Tomorrow we're going to visit Khushi's family and tell them the truth. It's only fair," Anjali said.

Both Khushi and Arnav looked at each other in shock.

Even though Khushi had spoken to Anjali and Nani this morning, she did not expect this at all.

"Di... Nani... About that..." Arnav started.

***

"We can't tell Khushi's family about our marriage..." he said.

"Why not?" Nani asked, appalled by the thought of hiding this matter from Khushi's parents. After all, she also had a daughter and she knew how hard it was for parents who had daughters. The worry they had to go through, the anxiousness they feel until their daughter is settled with a good family – she knew all about those feelings. So keeping Khushi's parents in the dark was equal to betraying them in her eyes.

"They are Khushi's parents and they have every right to know that their daughter is now married. You both made a mistake in the way you got married, and we have forgiven you for it. But that doesn't mean you can hide from Khushi's family. You've made the mistake. Now learn to own up to it and face the consequences," Nani said sternly.

"Khushi bitiya," she turned to Khushi, who was looking down, clearly upset. "Don't forget, they are your parents. They've brought you up all these years and there's nothing wrong with bearing their anger for a few days. They are your family – they will definitely forgive you at some point. But don't let your fear of their anger make you betray them in the worst way possible," she continued.