Chapter 27

"We're so happy about this new relationship – we promise that we will look after Khushi bitiya like our own daughter. And I know you must be worried about your elder daughter, Payal bitiya. Now that Khushi is going to be our daughter-in-law, Payal bitiya is also like our daughter. We also want her to get married first. So we're more than happy to have Arnav and Khushi's marriage after Payal bitiya's marriage," Nani said kindly.

The Gupta family were very happy that the Raizadas were so understanding.

"But I think it would be good to have them engaged until then – how does that sound?" Nani added.

The Guptas were happy with that idea.

Soon they all started talking about all the different preparations that need to be done.

As the elders spoke, Arnav turned to Khushi.

"Are you happy?" he asked her through his eyes.

She smiled at him, her answer shining clearly through her eyes.

"I am too..." he said through his eyes, smiling back at her wholeheartedly.

Everyone was happy with the turn of events.

The Gupta family were happy to know that their daughter would be marrying into such a good family.

The Raizada family were happy that they were finally going to welcome their daughter-in-law the proper way, with everyone's consent.

Khushi was happy that her parents finally knew of her relationship with Arnav, although they didn't know she was married.

And Arnav was happy that he was finally making Khushi his in front of the whole world.

Everyone was happy... But will this happiness last?

***

The two families decided to have the engagement in a week's time in Lucknow.

At first the Guptas had been hesitant because one week wasn't enough time to do all the preparations. But Arnav had assured them that he would take care of it all.

And the Raizadas had assured them that they didn't want a single penny from them – all they wanted was Khushi.

Buaji had protested at that – yes, they weren't rich like the Raizadas but they weren't going to just send Khushi without anything. It wouldn't look good on them.

But Arnav had responded calmly to that, "Buaji I've worked very hard from a young age to earn everything I have now, and I have more than enough money for this lifetime. All I want and need is Khushi. Me nor my family expect anything else from you. I understand that there are some things that you would want to do for your daughter and I won't stop you from doing that, but just know that we don't have any such expectations." He explained it in such a way that both sides were satisfied, and the Gupta ladies couldn't help but be impressed with him. And not to mention, Khushi was proud of her husband/fiancé.

The Raizadas stayed until evening upon the Gupta family's insistence. They spent lunch and tea together, and by the time the Raizadas left, the two families were more familiar with each other.

Khushi would have stayed with the Guptas but she still had to continue working so she had to go back to Delhi with the Raizadas, much to Arnav's happiness.

Also, they didn't know when the wedding was going to be so there was no point in making Khushi stop working or take a leave.

So Khushi returned with the Raizadas, very much content with the way things had gone today.