Chapter 22

"You're the only woman I've ever been with, please trust me! Trust me! Don't do anything please! Don't leave me! Don't leave me!" Arnav was pleading her, his tormented eyes seeking hers for assurance.

Images of her hanging herself flashed before his eyes, pulling him into a deep pit of anguish.

"Arnavji!" Khushi uttered his name, but he seemed to be in his own world despite looking at her. She could tell that his mind was elsewhere.

With quite a bit of effort, Khushi removed his hands from her face, making his eyes widen, "No!!! Don't do it!!! Don't go!!!" he exclaimed.

Wrapping her arms around his neck, Khushi pulled him close and rolled them over, so that he was now the one lying on his back, while half her body was on his as she leaned on him.

With one hand under his neck and the other cupping his face, she promised firmly "I'm not going anywhere leaving you."

Arnav finally seemed to look at her.

"I'm not going anywhere," she repeated again.

"Promise?" he asked like a child.

"I promise."

The fight in his eyes still didn't die down although he had calmed down a little by now. He wrapped his arms around Khushi's back, snuggling up to her chest, just like a child clinging onto its mother.

Seeing this, Khushi herself pulled him closer, leaning her cheeks against his hair, showing him that she was here to stay.

She then placed a kiss on his forehead. Then his cheeks. His chin... His jaw... His lips... She rained kisses all over his face...

With each kiss, she felt Arnav relax a little more...

She didn't know how long she stayed in that position, just placing kisses wherever she could reach, loving him to the full...

After a while, she pulled back slightly to meet his eyes. "Arnavji, we're married now. We have our entire lives ahead of us, and we're going to spend it together. Of course, we will have our fights. We will shout, we will scream, we will get frustrated and we will cry. But at the end of day, we will resolve our problems together as a couple. Neither am I leaving you and nor am I going to let you leave me. We've taken our vows and we will live by it," she explained to him like he was a child.

"This is what married life is about. It's normal for us to have arguments. You're going to hurt me at some instances and I'm going to hurt you at some. But at the end of the day, you're my husband and I'm your wife. And nothing is ever going to change that. No one is going anywhere. Not you. Not me. This is where we're going to stay. Together. Do you get that?" she said. "You won't be getting rid of this crazy girl that easily," she added to tease him. She saw his lips curve up a tiny bit and felt glad that she could make him feel better. Smiling, she leaned down to place a gentle kiss on his lips which he accepted wholeheartedly.

Although Arnav didn't say anything in reply, he did feel much better than before, thanks to his loving, forgiving wife.

But that fear that she might leave him still lingered deep down. Because in that moment, he wasn't the Arnav that everyone was used to seeing. In that moment he was just a child who was afraid. And with that fear, he continued to cuddle her, refusing to let her go even if it meant his arms going stiff as they both drifted off to sleep.

***

In the middle of the night, Khushi woke up. She didn't really know what woke her up, but suddenly she remembered the events of the previous day. She looked down to see that she was now laying on her back, with Arnav's hands wrapped around her waist, his head buried in the crook of her neck. She could feel his warm breath tickling her neck as he was in deep sleep.