Chapter 33: Cliche

Chapter 33

"STOP!!!" Darius screamed as he watched in horror. And like an eruption of power, flames burst from the little boy thrusting everyone back, away from him and away from his mother.

Andrei took the opportunity to lunge at Casimir. He grabbed the knife out of the Casimir's hand and pierced Casimir's shoulder with a swift swipe of the wrist.

"NO!" James screamed for his master but was pushed back yet again by another force.

"Back Down James." Alec compelled his sisters bonded and went to Darius.

"Hey, everything's going to be okay..." he told the boy quickly while he went to his best friend.

Casimir used Alec's arrival to distract Andrei. He pushed him back and made a run for it.

As much as Andrei wanted to run after the monster, his family needed him. He would always put them before his thirst for vengeance.

"GO! I'll take of them." Alec said with reassurance. He too was tired of the chaos Casimir had created with his obsession.

Andrei looked to his wife and son and then gave a nod to Alec. He ran as fast as his supernatural legs could take him. Teleporting were he could to find the author of his suffering.

"CASIMIR SHOW YOURSELF YOU COWARD AND FINISH THIS!" He screamed as he smelt the blood of his prey.

"You should have just stayed dead!" Casimir said as he jumped Andrei and stabbed his back.

Andrei's screams danced through the air like a hymn.

"Did you think you alone could defeat me." He cackled the chocked...

"How cliché." Her voice like an angel of death. Shadowy figures surrounded them like an audience of a high school brawl.

"Forina..." he chocked as he turned to see a shadowy monster with its claws deep in his fleshy chest.

"Cliché's are not what I expect from you, Casimir." Forina sighed and snapped her fingers.

The shadowy monster pushed his claws deeper.

"Lara..." he chocked out as his life faded.

"I'm not fucking Lara." She said as the heart of her once-loved maker was wrenched out and presented to her as a gift. The shadows disappeared soon after she held her prize in her hands. Her fingers dripping with the blood of her enemy, quite literally.

"You're okay..." Andrei struggled to stand up.

"Of course I am, I am Forina Fucking Codrin and I'll be damned if I go down without taking everyone with me." She said.

...

"What should we name her?" Andrei asked as he held his baby girl in his arms.

"I was thinking Erin." Forina smiled tiredly form the bed.

"It's perfect. She already has me wrapped around her little fingers." He smiled as he gazed upon the little beauty.

"She'll have everyone wrapped around her fingers." Forina smiled at the two looked to her son who was now asleep at her side having been awake for most of the day waiting for his younger sister to come into the world.

"Hey, Forina..." Andrei called out quietly.

"Yes." She smiled.

"Thank you, Thank you for making me the happiest man and for giving me the greatest gift." He smiled, tears gleaming.

"Thank you. for giving me the world." He smiled down at his son and daughter.

"I could say the same," she whispered and took in the scene.

Finally some peace...

...

My name is Forina Fucking Codrin. I have lived for five hundred and ten years. I have seen empires built and fall. Wars begin and end. I have died and lived. I am not afraid of dying again. I'm the one that should be feared, not the devil and certainly not death because I can show you things far worst...

The End.