Chapter 9 : Let Him Go

Chapter 9

...

James Chetty

...

Have you ever thought about how you would die. I never did... until now. I think facing death now, I finally found my appreciation in all the things I took for granted like the noiseofthe city, the simple day and night that I never appreciated, or the best cheesy pizza from downtown or having dinner with my brother and sister. I think would miss them the most, I'm actually kind of glad that they wouldn't know of my death. I don't want them to mourn for me and ignorance is bliss.

As Alec entered the room, I think the realization had finally hit me, like a speeding bus, I was doomed. This was it. This was going to be the day I die.

"Okay, its time. Remember don't speak unless spoken too." Alec said with a stern expression but I could see the fear and stress that shone brightly in his eyes and to be honest, that only terrified me more.

We walked fast, Alec mainly, if it wasn't clear from early on that he was scared, it definitely was now.

"Still human." I reminded him and walked slower. He was leading me to my death, did he think I was going to sprint? Maybe I should... maybe the best way to go was fast and painless but honestly who knew...

No, I was going to take my sweet time. 'I'm going to enjoy these few fleeting moments of humanity.' I thought to myself with a new found appreciation of movement itself... a new found appreciation for breathing, something people rarely acknowledge.

"James, don't play games, not now and not with him because death is the least of your worries." He said and pulled me along with inhuman speed.

"My lord." Alec bowed his head as we came to an abrupt stop. I finally turned to see him.

No, this couldn't be him.

He sat down in a throne of sorts but it was his angelic features that were just too unrealistic. His long silvery-white hair, his flawless face, his all together perfection. He looked like a character from an anime series.

It was then did I notice the inheritance.

Forina sat of the armrest with a hand on holding on to the back of the chair.

The resemblance was uncanny. The silvery white hair, the aura, the eyes, the perfection. Except I noticed something else, a resentment that filled her eyes when she looked at him, no... resentment was understated.

"So this is him, the one that hacked into the systems." He stated more than asked. The tension in the air grew thicker by the second as you would need thor's hammer to shatter it.