Chapter 10 : What Have I Gotten Myself Into

Chapter 10

James point of view

...

Everything felt different but in a good way. I felt complete, it was as if I had finally my purpose in life. suddenly I wasn't just an insignificant grain of sand on a beach. I felt like I mattered. It was as if I had been reborn, and with this rebirth, I felt a pang of hunger I had never felt before...

I felt as if I had been starved for years...

"James." His voice called out to me, to which my body acted on its own. His voice was even more perfect as was his appearance.

"Look with your new eyes." He told me to which I obeyed. I had never been so submissive before but I felt like I needed to listen to him... like I needed to obey him.

I looked around and it was all so different and yet all the same. Then I looked at him. He wasn't angelic anymore but was now divine.

"Listen with your new ears." And again I did so without hesitation. I heard birds, music and the distinct sound of cars and people shouting. It was all so loud...

I cringed and quickly blocked my ears trying to stop the noise.

"I know, it hurts, but with time, you'll become accustomed to it." He cooed as a father would to a child.

"Did you turn me?" I asked even though I already knew the answer. I needed to hear his answer, I needed to hear that I... my humanity was now dead and in its place was a monster with unending hunger.

"Yes." He said simply with a soft gentle smile but I could see a cruel glint in his eyes, but that would have to wait for another time because I needed to come to terms with what had just taken place.

I was a vampire...

...

Forina Bogdan

...

"Forina, what's wrong?" Lucas asked as I stormed into the room. 'Oh gods above,' I mentally sighed and walked away from him.

I needed to think about my next move and Lucas was just in the way, Sure he was entertaining but you can't be all play.

"Leave Lucas," I growled, wanting to be left alone.

"Tell me what's wrong." He pried and held my waist to his body.

"Fucks sake, Lucas! I don't have time for your fucking nagging." I snarled and pushed him with way more strength than I intended as he hit the couch thankfully, I didn't want to clean up a body tonight.

I heard him leave quickly and shut the door.

"Fucking bastard," I screamed and threw a vase at the wall as I thought of Casimir's words. 'Its time to move on...'

I mean how dare he. Andrei was, is the love of my life. How dare he linked me to James, without even asking me. Andrei was my husband, my best friend and my world. I couldn't just move on with a snap of his fingers.

I will not let this childish hacker son of a bitch think he has a right to be linked to me. I mean sure, I knew a way out of the bond but I was angrier at the fact that Casimir did it in the first place, and out of everyone in the world... he chose a childish hacker.

No, I won't let this bond get to me.

Only Andrei has a right to my heart, no one else.

Maybe I could get away with killing him. No one would know... except for Casimir, plus I would be the first suspect.

Maybe I could get someone else to do it for me...

Someone like Lucas...

"Oh, Lucas!" I called out as I could hear his heartbeat out in the hallway.

"Yes." He said coming in quickly. 'Okay, a bit desperate, I threw you into the couch.' I thought.

"I'm sorry I screamed at you and pushed you. I didn't hurt you, did I?" I asked and gently this time pushed him on the couch and climbed on him. His hands holding my hips as I could feel his excitement.

"No.," he said, trying to be sexy and leaned up to kiss me but I stopped him.

"I'm sorry but we can't do that anymore," I told him and climbed off him.

"Why not?" he asked in a hurry.

"Its because Casimir linked me to James. So I can't be with anyone else." I told him with a pout.

"WHAT?" he growled.

"Yeah, so I'm going to be with him unless something were to happen to James," I said. Lucas caught on pretty quick. I didn't draw him a map...

"Don't worry about that, something tells me he's about to have some bad luck," Lucas said as he kissed my hand and left.

Maybe I was wrong for doing this but I couldn't, wouldn't be with anyone by force. I had spent my human years Dodging arranged marriage and then finding my Andrei. Just because I was now a vampire didn't mean I was going to change my values. Sure, I didn't have any regard for human life but that didn't mean I was going to bend my knee to any man.

It should have made me feel bad when that message came, the bounty on James's head, but honestly... I felt nothing.

I mean, I didn't know him so for all I knew he could be a perv creeping on young girls. So if you thought about it, there was a fifty percent chance I was doing the world a favour.

And what was I supposed to do?

Was I to Run off into the sunset and pop out a baby every couple years.

Been there, done that...

It's really all his fault really, he shouldn't have hacked our systems in the first place, so I wasn't going to take responsibility for that.

Shame on him...

...

The third point of view with James and Casimir

...

"My lord." A man called out as they finished up with their 'meal'.

"Yes, Nathan," Casimir asked and beckoned the man forward.

"We have a slight problem, my lord. There's a bounty on Mr Chetty's head. Five million dollars." Nathan said. Casimir's head snapped to him as he released a nightmarish snarled, and just like that he was angelic no more. His whole appearance was that from hell as beautiful and terrifying as the devil. Now a pair of fangs appeared as he snarled in anger.

"BRING ME FORINA!" he roared. James backed away as fast as his supernatural legs could move.

Casimir turned back into his angelic features as he smiled at James as if nothing had happened.

"Sorry about that. A momentary lapse of anger." He smiled.

"Er don't worry about it. Will that happen to me too?" James asked, fear clear as day on his face.

"In time, you're still very young." Casimir chuckled and waved him off.

But all James could think of was what had he gotten himself into?

...

Sorry I haven't updated in a while

,...