Chapter - 60

Raymond POV:

"

Tiara wanted me to talk with my foster parents. I was not much keen, but I decided to do so for my sunshine's sake. She was right, I have been masking my emotions and fighting an internal war. I had many questions and I always want to find those answers. May be talking to them would just help me find out all those answers.

"Raymond, we all are waiting" I heard a call from downstairs. It was my Sunshine.

I got freshened and reached the dining area. I could see my sunshine setting the table, while my foster parents were seated next to each other. As soon as I pulled the chair opposite to them to sit, I could see both of them looking at me. I could see for the first time an emotion other than emptiness. Sunshine placed the final bowl on the table and started serving the soup, salad and lasagne. No words were spoken while we were having dinner. Sunshine looked at all three of us occasionally as if either of us would start a conversation. Finally the dinner was over and everyone stood up.

"What? Where are you leaving now?'' she said.

None of us spoke

"Listen all you three, you guys are definitely not kids to make you all sit and get a conversation started amid. For God sake you are a family.'' She rolled her eyes.

"Sunshine, is it necessary?''

''Of-course Raymond. This is important and you are doing it right now.''

"But'' I scratched my forehead.

"Listen I am going to Rachel's house now and leaving you all to battle out your emotions and settle everything. I would come back in the morning and I want to see happy smiling faces at breakfast table. Else I am not going to talk to you ever Raymond'' she spoke bringing her hands towards her bust.

"What? Now? Come on. I can't send you anywhere, you know it's risky'' I said

"I have to do this and Dave is on his way to pick me up and Paula will ensure my safety. There is cheesecake that I made in the refrigerator and you would serve your parents and have it too'' she ordered.

"Mom, Dad please don't let this opportunity go waste. I don't want my presence to create any awkwardness so I decided to leave you three to yourselves for tonight.'' She said and hugged them

The bell rang and I could see Dave standing.

"Little one ready'' he asked walking towards my sunshine

"Yes, Bro...let's go....I hope you got everything ready. I really want to enjoy the movie with some popcorn and Apple juice" she listed

"Everything ready and everyone is waiting for you. Now come fast'' he pulled her giving me an assuring look, while I just stood there seeing her walk away.

She turned towards me winked and flashed a smile. As soon as she left I closed the door and started taking steps towards kitchen. I remembered Sunshine's words to serve cheese cake to them.

"Let me help you Raymond'' I heard my mom say

"Mom" I don't remember when I called her Mom for the last time.

''It's fine, I can do this. Please make yourself comfortable in the couch, I will get these'' I said, I was feeling weird talking to her in kitchen. Never in my life has all this happened, not when I started to realise things going around.

"That's not how you cut the cake Raymond. Let me help you'' she held my hand and made me cut the cake into three portions. Later she placed the portions carefully in three dessert plates. I was just looking at her, Wasn't this how I wanted to happen throughout my childhood. Getting out of my thoughts, I placed the plates in the tray and waited for her to walk towards the couch where my father was already waiting.