Chapter - 14

Tiara POV:

"

I had hardly an hour to be back and in between I had to meet Nicholas. The restaurant was not too far from my office, but it was better to hire a cab and reach on time. I hired a cab and reached in around 8 minutes.

The restaurant seemed very expensive as to what I have seen over the internet. As soon as I entered the lobby a lady with pleasant smile greeted me and started speaking in French and I struggled to answer her.

''She is with me'' a voice came from behind

I turned to look from where the voice came and saw the gentleman standing behind. He was around 6'3'', though I was around 5'7''-5'8'' I still had to lift my chin a bit up to look at him. He had well-built body, not an extra amount of flesh, Greenish blue eyes, Full grown beard and brown hair. Clad in a 3 piece black suit, he was not so bad looking. I somehow felt I have seen him somewhere. He looked familiar.

''Sweetheart, if you have done checking me out, can we proceed for lunch? I remember you warned me that you must return by 14:00 hrs which leaves us barely 40 minutes to talk to''

"I..I am sorry Nicholas..I mean Mr. Nicholas..I mean''

''Nicholas is fine; and hey please, we know each other very well, the only difference is we are meeting for the first time in person. So please don't be so stiff and conscious'' saying that he tried to hold my hand

I moved away a bit. Though I don't mind dating him, I am still not accustomed to these touching's and cuddling's, until unless I am very much sure of the person. Though I know him but person can be different online and in real. That's what my instinct always said.

''Easy. I am not here to make you uncomfortable.'' He spoke breaking my thoughts.

''Thank you''

We finally reached the area reserved for us. He pulled out a chair for me to sit and he then sat across me. In no time lunch was served as I understood, noting my timings he ordered the lunch so that we don't wait. I was struggling to start the conversation as I was really feeling kind of awkward.

''So, howz your stay in Paris and howz your job?''

''Umm. Paris is a happy city, I like it and Job it's not long I have started with. As of now I am very happy and am trying to give my best and prove myself''

''I am sure you are''

''thank you''

''for what?''

''for encouraging me. Hadn't you said those words, I would never in my dreams would have taken such step and flew here''

''no need. I found you a very nice girl and I haven't done anything so big. You have potential, I just made you realise''

''That was the biggest help. Making me confident''

''Thank you accepted''

I smiled stuffing portion of food in my mouth

''So what exactly do you do? I mean what are your job responsibilities?''

''Ohh a lot. But I don't think I must talk about my work. It's unethical''

''I understand. But you know I can always help you if you are struck, even in your job''

''I get that. But, I want to overcome my difficulties on my own''

''pretty much acceptable''

The rest of the lunch went silent. I checked my time and I had exactly 12 minutes to start my work and I needed to rush.