2

Seoul, South Korea

~~

"Okay, that was trippy." Momo said as she held her head. The three girls looked around. They weren't in the forest anymore. Well, not in Aokigahara Forest but somewhere in the woody areas of South Korea.

"So this is what another country looks like." Mina said. Sana nudged her. "Don't be silly." She said. "It's just the same, but this will be our new home." She added.

"Well what are we waiting for, let's go!" Momo said while she was about to step forward, but her foot got caught on a strap of a bag. "Woah!" She yelled and fell down on the cold ground. The 2 other girls looked at her and then helped her up.

"Where the heck did this bag even come from?" Momo said as she dusted off the dirt on her clothes. "I think that's Uncle's." Mina told her. "It was a bit heavy." Momo said.

Sana kneeled down and opened the bag. Her eyes widened and jaw dropped after seeing what was inside. Mina and Momo looked from behind. They had the same reaction. The bag was loaded with money.

"Where did he get that much money?" Mina asked. "Well, he had like a hundred jobs." Sana told her. They were still shocked from seeing the contents of the bag. "How much is all this?" Momo asked. The three girls proceeded to count how much.

While they were counting, Sana found a note buried under the pile of cash. She opened it and read quietly to herself what was written in it. She decided to keep quiet and tell the other two about it after they count.

¥10.5 million (thanks to Mina's intelligence)

"That's a lot." Sana said. The two other girls agreed with her. "At least money isn't a problem." Momo grinned. Sana and Mina looked at her and then at each other, figuring that Momo could do something stupid if the money was in her hands.

Then they looked around. They knew it was a big city, a big country. "So what are we gonna do?" Mina asked as she looked at Sana. Momo did the same thing. "Yeah, what are we gonna do, Sana?" She asked. They waited for the other girl to answer.

Sana furrowed her eyebrows. "Why are you guys looking at me?" She asked. "You're the one who always makes sure things go right." Momo told her in 'as a matter of fact' way. "I mean, aside from Mina, of course." She added and pointed at the youngest one.

Mina nodded and faced Sana. "Yeah, but you're older so you're leading us and we can't trust Momo on this one." She pointed at the eldest among them. Momo wanted to glare at Mina but she knows she's right.

"Okay." Sana said. "We're gonna start our NORMAL lives by living in a house, a proper house." She announced.

"A house with no cauldron rooms, or creepy witch lib--" Sana's speech was interrupted by Momo and Mina gasping and shushing her. "How dare you say the 'W' word?!" Momo gasped as she reacted almost too dramatically.

"You said so yourself..." Mina faced Sana.

"That's an offensive term!" Momo and Mina exclaimed while Sana mocked the two of them. "Okay, fine." She huffed. None of them actually like being called the 'W' word, even though no one has ever did. They just find it nearly insulting. That's because humans' understanding for 'witches' are always the negative ones.

Clearly, they're not like that (according to themselves). They didn't even want to be one. They didn't want to be taken the wrong way.

"So what now? It takes quite a while to actually buy a house. Let's say about a few weeks to a month, so I've heard." As expected, the brains of the 3, Mina, spoke. "Huh, you're right." Sana said. She went silent for a while and tried to think of something.

Momo was already frustrated. She groaned and pulled Sana close to her by her shoulders. She shook the girl and knocked on her head. "C'mon, I know you have a brain in there somewhere. Think of something cuz I need a house." She said.

Sana mentally rolled her eyes. She couldn't exactly do it 'physically' cuz she was already getting dizzy. Then, she suddenly remembered something. She literally wanted to hit herself for forgetting. She felt so stupid.

"I can't believe I forgot about that." She said to herself and took out a piece of paper. The two other girls looked at her curiously.

"So I found this letter inside the bag with the money." She unfolded the paper and read out loud: "I used to have a house there in South Korea. It might be a bit dirty and rusty because I haven't been there for a long time but I hope it's enough for you girls. The address is written on the bottom right. Live your life! Take care."

Mina blinked. "Uncle wrote that?" She asked. Sana just nodded to her. Momo laughed. "Why does he sound like he set us up?" She said. Sana took it as a joke but Mina was thinking deeply about it.

"At least the house isn't a problem as well." Momo said. "Yeah." Sana nodded. Mina was still a bit quiet. Although she's usually like that, it was a different feel for the other girls. They asked her if she was okay. Mina couldn't help but tell them what was going on in her mind.

"The note... it's bothering me." She admitted. "Cuz it almost sounds like he knew he was going to die so he wrote that beforehand." She had a point. Sana went up to her and gave her a hug. Momo did the same.

"Look, I know you're still affected by what happened recently. We are too." Sana told her. "Just don't think about it too much, okay?" She caressed the green eyed girl's head. "What's important right now is that we're safe and we can finally live the life we've always wanted."

Momo nodded in agreement. "Yep, and don't worry..." She placed her hand over Mina's chest, near where her heart was. "He'll always be here. Remember that, so cheer up!" Momo smiled in encouragement. Mina smiled back at her.

"One of the smartest things you've ever said, unnie." Mina said. Sana and Momo's eyes shot wide. They looked at each other and then back at Mina confusingly. "Huh?" They asked. "U-Unnie?" Sana asked back. She wasn't sure if she said, or maybe, heard it correctly.

Another thing about themselves: they can adapt easily. They can be able to pick up what's happening in their surroundings even in a short amount of time. It kinda involves their mind power.

Right now, Mina was the first one to let that sink in to her. The most obvious reason is because her mind power is much stronger than the other two's.

"Uh I don't know, but I think it's what a girl calls another girl who is older than her." The brains explained. "Ahhh..." Sana and Momo nodded.

"Yeah but don't call me that." Momo interrupted. "I'm only like 5 months older than you." She told Mina. The youngest one just obeyed her.

"You know if this keeps up, we could be fluent in Korean in no time." Mina told them. Momo smirked again. "At least language isn't a problem." Sana was getting slightly annoyed. She kept telling the older girl to stop repeating the same thing over and over again.

"Okay, we should probably get going now, but the first thing we have to do is convert this money into Korean won." Sana said. Mina didn't know if that was a good idea.

"Yeah, but what would people think if they saw some teenagers with a bag full of millions going around South Korea?" She asked. Momo shrugged. "Let's just say that our crazy, rich uncle died and left us with all his riches." She said like it was a normal thing to say.

Mina raised an eyebrow at her. Sana seemed to be okay with what Momo suggested. "That's just really depressing but at the same time, true in our part... ahh whatever let's just go with that." Mina gave up with being logical and decided to follow the older girls.

______________

I feel so sorry for not updating in a while. Writer's block is the WORST. I'm sorry for keeping you guys waiting. That's all I can write for now.

Anyways...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIM DAHYUN! 💟🦅 (Although you weren't introduced in this story yet 😄)

Our eagle is already 22 years old (Int age) 😭

I'll try my best to give another update soon. Stay tuned!

Take care and keep safe everybody!

- jewelofsatzu