33

Soojung, Wooyoung, Yeosang and Seonghwa stand outside of the hospital room, all biting their nails out of nervousness.

"Why did you come? I thought you hated San." Wooyoung spits to Yeosang. He flinches momentarily, Wooyoung's tone stinging a bit. "I don't like him but I don't want him to die. I'd never wish death upon anyone." Yeosang responds.

"Right, since you're an angel and all." Wooyoung rolls his eyes, jabbing deeper into Yeosang's heart. "Was." he simply corrects.

Seonghwa and Soojung quietly watch the two fight, too pained to even break them up.

"Why are you being so rude right now?" Yeosang finally shows the hurt in his expression. "Don't act dumb. My best friend nearly lost his life and you expect me to be dancing around?" He continues to hurl venomous words at Yeosang in a panic. 

Before Yeosang can refute, Soojung lightly places her hand on his and slightly shakes her head. Yeosang instantly calms down, remembering the situation they're in. Without another word, everyone sits at some seats and they all impatiently wait for good news.

Soojung fights against her thoughts, not wanting to imagine Earth without San. She'd gladly return to heaven if that were to happen.

They hear footsteps approaching and everyone perks up, only to sigh after just seeing Hongjoong walk over to them.

"I heard the demon is here." He carelessly says, not feeling an ounce of guilt. Wooyoung's fists tighten and he tries his best to hold back, still trying to stay calm.

"His name's San." Seonghwa speaks up. He's seen San's ups as well as his downs over the years so he still has a pinch of respect for him.

"I'm sorry." Hongjoong apologises, noticing Seonghwa's stern expression. He decides to respect the group of people in front of him even though he doesn't have even a bit of respect for San.

Suddenly a doctor walks out of the room. "You're all here for San?" she asks. Everyone turns their eyes to her, eagerly staring. They all nod at the same time comically. "Right, I have a few things to tell you. First of all, he's extremely lucky to have survived that fall."

Everyone sighs out of relief, smiles breaking out onto their faces. "He actually has a lot of strength somehow. If anyone else fell from that height they'd definitely break many bones, maybe even their life would be more at risk. But he has no broken bones which is incredible, I still can't believe it myself." the doctor continues.

Hongjoong scoffs, knowing exactly where that strength truly came from but Seonghwa elbows him in the ribs, shutting him up instantly.

"He's still unconscious and probably will be for another day or two at least from the amount of blood he lost, but he can have a few visitors right now if you stay very quiet. Be wary though, he has a few sprained limbs." she offers.

Soojung and Wooyoung immediately shoot up with hope glistening in their eyes.

"I'll allow up to three people only for now." The doctor utters one last time before walking past the group.

The group nod and Wooyoung, Soojung and Yeosang automatically walk forward, leaving Seonghwa and Hongjoong alone.

Soojung cautiously steps through the doors only to see San laying peacefully in bed with multiple tubes coming from him. She gets startled by this, but everyone else seems unaffected so she pretends to be the same.

She walks over to the bed slowly, and her heart feels like it's getting attacked by a hammer. While she tries to force herself to look at his sleeping figure in disgust, another part of her mind grieves for him.

"He still looks cocky and sly even in this state." Wooyoung says, smiling slightly. Yeosang shoots him a confused stare.

"I'm sorry for lashing out at you a few minutes ago. I guess I was probably still sensitive after the news about San." Wooyoung sheepishly apologises. Yeosang pulls the other boy into a tight hug. "I'm sorry for provoking you." Yeosang aplogises back.

Soojung sits on a nearby chair beside San, not able to tear her eyes away from him for even a second. Wooyoung and Yeosang share a glance before walking away. "We'll give you some privacy with him I guess." Yeosang whispers, but she doesn't seem to hear him.

As soon as the door closes, the dam in her eyes burst. The tears come flowing out endlessly as she rests her hand delicately over his.

"Why can't I hate you?" she hiccups between sobs, hear warm tears dripping onto his fingers. "I'm sorry." she whispers. "I still like you."

The girl spends the rest of the meeting hours sitting by San's side. She feels guilty for coldly rejecting him as soon as she heard his truth. As long as he's changed for the better, she forgives him. She makes a mental note to ask him about it as soon as he wakes up.

For now, her goal is simple. Spread positivity as she always has been doing. If she was capable of changing San so far, she's convinced she has the power to turn him fully into an ordinary human. Just as he should be by now.

Not once does she move her hands from his. For some reason it brings her comfort even though he's not awake. Maybe the comfort is from realising her true feelings. Soojung quietly gets excited to see San in all his glory again, awake and happy.

"I'm sorry ma'am, but the visiting hours are over. You can visit again tomorrow." A nurse urges Soojung to finally leave San's side. "See you later!" She whispers to him, nearly back to her bubbly self again.

She thanks the nurse and then prepares to go home. She doesn't know the directions to get home, but she thinks she can guess just fine so she walks to the lobby of the hospital happily.

"You again? You were visiting San, weren't you?" Soojung stops in her tracks when she hears an annoyed voice coming from the front desk. She turns around and sees the familiar face.

"Oh! You work here, Eunha?" she asks in a friendly tone. Eunha rolls her eyes and glares at Soojung. "I'll ask you one last time. Did you pay him to stay? Blackmail? Why does he call you his girlfriend?"

Soojung blinks at Eunha innocently. "Because he likes me! It's as simple as that" she shrugs and continues to walk away. "I'd watch your back if I were you, Soojung. San has many obsessive fangirls, and just as many enemies." she hisses while smirking. 

Soojung shivers, but continues to walk away, too emotionally exhausted to deal with anything else.

"There she is!" Yeosang and Wooyoung stand beside a bench outside, waving at Soojung.

They waited for me!