7

After the plain yet exciting breakfast, Soojung and her brother clean up their room together, preparing to leave. They have no belongings to gather so "packing up" proves to be easy.

"You can borrow the clothes we've lent you, you know. You can return them at any time in the future! Here, take these bags" San stands in the doorway, previously observing the siblings. He quickly flings two plastic bags at Soojung and Yeosang. "They'll have to do for now"

Soojung looks at San in disbelief, and then to her brother. He seems to be contemplating something, but eventually gives in and offers her a small nod. A smile grows on her face and without thinking, she runs over to San and throws her arms around him. "Thank you!"

San stands stiff with his eyes widened in shock. He looks down at the scalp of the girl who is currently squeezing him and just for a second, he softens, causing him to return the hug.

They pull apart at Yeosang clearing his throat. "Thank you San. We should be going now." He awkwardly pats San on the shoulder and walks past, dragging Soojung with him. San doesn't move an inch, still captivated by that feeling moments ago. One thought keeps circling his mind.

How did she make me soft when no one else has been able to?

。・゚゚・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆。゚・゚゚・ 。

Soojung and Yeosang follow Wooyoung through the streets. He currently leads them to Seonghwa's home, since he already knows where he lives. Plus, he volunteered to lead the twins before San got a chance to. For some reason, he felt so much more positive with the newcomers than with San.

It's almost as if they have some sort of aura that makes him a better person, while San always brought out the worst in him.

He doesn't know what it is, but he is grateful for it nonetheless. Mainly because he has been having some...horrible thoughts lately and if the twins hadn't come to the rescue, who knows what Wooyoung would have done. Definitely breaking the law somehow, anyway. For some reason, Wooyoung snapped out of these thoughts after the arrival of Soojung and Yeosang. He realised how toxic the thoughts were, and he suddenly felt the urge to be a good person.

What's weirder is that he's noticed a change in San as well.

San, who when angered will wreak havoc, simmered down. For the first time. Wooyoung was scared his ex would come out of the room the night before and break some furniture, but to his surprise he was calm again.

The twins' presence was really having a positive effect on the pair, which gave Wooyoung some hope. Maybe his life wouldn't be so miserable anymore.

"We're here! It's definitely bigger than our apartment so you're in luck" Wooyoung presents the house, which looks about three times bigger than Wooyoung and San's apartment.

He walks up to the door and lightly knocks at it, with an energetic Soojung jumping up and down behind him. The door flies open quickly, and in front of Wooyoung stands a tall boy with messy dark brown hair. He lazily rubs his eye with one hand. "What brings you here, Wooyoung?" he sleepily groans.

"Yunho, it's ten in the morning on a school day, why were you still asleep?" Wooyoung utters while shaking his head. "I don't have a class until two so I wanted to sleep! Mingi and I stayed up all night studying for a test today so we're both trying to catch up on sleep now" Yunho cutely pouts, causing Wooyoung to laugh and squeeze his cheek tightly. Yunho suddenly snaps out of his drowsy daze. "I'm older than you, don't treat me like a child!" he sqeals. "Out of the two of us, you're definitely more of a child"

The pair continue to squabble for a few minutes while Soojung and Yeosang watch with amusement from behind. Soojung opens her mouth to warn Wooyoung and Yunho when she notices Seonghwa creeping up from behind Yunho, but before she can, Seonghwa flicks both the tall boy as well as the boy with lilac hair on the head.

"Yunho, go back to sleep. Your arguments literally make no sense right now" he orders, and Yunho glares at Wooyoung one last time before huffing loudly and storming away. Wooyoung straightens up and clears his throat.

"Anyway...I brought Soojung and Yeosang over. I should probably go back and help San out with the store" He quickly turns around and speed walks away, while giving a quick wave to the twins.

"We're all grown adults yet I swear I'm the only one who doesn't act like a child..." Seonghwa mutters under his breath. He suddenly shakes his head. "Excuse me, please come in! Sorry to keep you standing there" he welcomes the siblings, to their relief.

"Just some background info: Yunho and Mingi are the two other people who live here, and they're both college students in their third year. They didn't have much money or somewhere to stay so I gave them a home! Don't worry too much about them, they are nice guys and are usually too busy with college throughout the day to bother anyone" Seonghwa explains, while walking over to the couches in his living room. He gestures for Soojung and Yeosang to sit down on a couch while he takes a seat on one opposite to them.

"Is Yunho the one that answered the door a few minutes ago?" Soojung asks. Seonghwa smiles and nods, confirming her suspicions. "Oh- and I forgot to mention to not get too startled when you meet the four babies. Ariel is quite energetic and confident so you'll probably be seeing her soon..." 

Soojung stares in confusion. Seonghwa mentioned living with only two other people. But now he's telling them that he has children? She honestly didn't see him to be old enough to have children but she silently scolds herself for judging too quickly. 

Suddenly, Soojung feels something warm and fluffy moving against her legs and she let's out a shriek before retreating her legs onto the sofa. She attaches onto Yeosang beside her and clutches his arm tightly. Her brother, however, starts to giggle and his eyes start glowing while he looks down.

"Ariel! I knew you'd appear fast!" Seonghwa brightly exclaims as he stretches his arms out. Soojung steals a glance at his 'baby' and stills at what she sees.

If she's not mistaken, it's a cat!

The small cat with beautiful, luxurious grey fur swiftly hops onto Seonghwa's lap, and curls up against his arm. She notices how Seonghwa's face softens immensely while he lightly strokes Ariel's back. "Can I?" Yeosang asks, indicating petting the cat. "Of course"

Soojung now sits and watches her brother and new landlord fawn over Ariel adoringly. She laughs at the sight but finds herself falling for the pet's charms immediately too. When the two boys finish with the cat, Soojung tries to also pet her but with no success. Ariel flinches at the physical contact and hisses at the confused girl before jumping off Seonghwa's lap and trotting away with a sense of entitlement.

"I don't think she likes me" Soojung laughs again, not taking much offense. "That's okay, I'm sure the other three would like you! Come with me, I'll show you them." Seonghwa beams before hopping up like his cat, and leading the twins into another room.

A/N
Sorry for the late update, I sort of forgot it was Saturday today (⌒_⌒;)