9

"Princess? And others?" San stands confusedly at the sight of Soojung, Yeosang and Seonghwa entering his store. "Hi San!" She skips over to the counter. Yeosang also stomps over beside his sister, slightly annoyed at the nickname San had assigned to her.

"Others wanted to know if we could start working by tomorrow?" Yeosang says through gritted teeth, forever bitter over San. He giggles at Yeosang first before answering with another question. "Why, what's the occasion?"

Soojung innocently lifts up a piece of the skirt of her dress to show San the colour, not realising that she isn't wearing anything to cover up her legs underneath. "Look at how dirty this is. We need to earn money so we can buy new clothes!" She proudly presents the material to San, and doesn't even notice what's wrong until his eyes start trailing down from her hands.

Yeosang is quick to notice and he quickly pulls the dress out of his sister's hand and sets it back into place. "Get your filthy eyes off of her" he scowls. San simply smirks, and Yeosang knows that there's definitely something unholy going through his head while he looks down at the counter top.

Not having any control over San's thoughts, Yeosang clears his throat. "So is that a yes or a no?"

San suddenly snaps out of his trance. "Wait, Wooyoung and I actually went to the clothes store right before opening the shop today and got you guys a little something that might just solve your problem." He scurries to a storage room at the back and comes out with Wooyoung and two full plastic bags.

He sets one in front of Soojung and pulls out a flowy, floral white skirt and a baby blue shirt. The shirt's silky material and the detailed baby pink roses on the skirt screamed elegance. "I picked these for you myself" he runs his hand along the fabric of the skirt. "They're a bit simple, but you'll need that. Do you like them?" Soojung's eyes widen and they glimmer with surprise. "I absolutely adore them! Thank you so much!" She smiles widely while holding onto the items of clothing, overcome with happiness from such a simple gesture.

San decides to test his luck by widening his arms and raising an eyebrow at Soojung. She doesn't hesitate to run around to squeeze him, full of gratitude. A satisfied, dimpled grin also escapes San's lips as he returns the hug.

In the background, Yeosang is also getting excited over the clothes Wooyoung has chosen for him. He accidentally turns his head slightly and sees his sister and San hugging. Just as he is about to storm over to scold San, he notices Seonghwa creep up to the pair and decides to just observe instead.

"Soojung, we should get going now" He says, and the girl complies easily as she hops away and waves at San one last time. Seonghwa takes this opportunity to approach San's ear. "I know what you're trying to do. Please leave her alone, she's way too innocent for this. Don't ruin her how you ruined the others." He hisses in the shop owner's ear. San offers a cocky smirk in return. "Too late!" He laughs and walks away, leaving Seonghwa standing with clenched fists.

He ignores the confused look the innocent siblings give him as he walks straight past them with a poker face. They thank the pair one last time before leaving with their goods.

"Wasn't that such a kind gesture?" Soojung excitedly rambles. Seonghwa forces a smile, knowing that San doesn't have wholesome intentions at all. His thoughts are interrupted when  San and Wooyoung come running from behind. "Wait! We close early today, so wanna go to the park together at six?" Wooyoung asks.

For once, Yeosang smiles at something that has left the shop keepers' mouths. "That might actually be a good idea, I've been thinking about bringing Soojung to one for a while anyway" he responds.

Soojung goes deep into thought momentarily again. She wracks her brain for some memory of the books she studied. She admits that she's awfully clumsy and forgetful for someone who initially planned on living in a foreign land all alone. The only images that come to her mind are of what she remembers as a "water park" and a park that resembled a field; full of grass.

"Which park?" she asks, hoping she doesn't sound too dumb. "I forgot you were new here! There's a park a five minute walk from here with a beautiful fountain, sweetheart. I mean- it's not as beautiful as you though" San answers, adding a playful wink to the end of his sentence. Soojung's mind completely ignores the obvious flirting San had commenced, and she goes back to thinking of parks. Which park would have a fountain? Surely a water park?

"A water park?" she stupidly questions once again, tilting her head slightly in confusion. San lets out a loud, squeaky laugh. "You're hilarious. See you later then!" He waves and leaves with Wooyoung. Okay so it's definitely not a water park then she thinks.

"Have you never been to a park?" Seonghwa lightly giggles, in a genuinely questioning tone. "N-" "We have, she's just a bit confused since we're still new to this town" Yeosang interrupts his sister, who still doesn't understand his reasoning but decides to keep shut.

Now that she thinks of it, her and Yeosang still have yet to find out their address, or even the name of the town they've been living in for the past two days. Soojung is tempted to just straightforwardly ask, but she senses that it's a bad idea, especially when she imagines Yeosang's reaction. It's not a positive one, anyway. 

"Would you guys like me to show you around Wonderland before we head back home?" Seonghwa proposes. Soojung stares, a look of puzzlement painted all over her face. Yeosang catches this and mentally prepares himself for a dumb question from her.

"What's Wonderland?" Seonghwa's confused laughter and one raised eyebrow alone answer the question for Yeosang. He suddenly starts laughing loudly and over exaggeratedly and he subtly nudges Soojung, hinting at her to keep her mouth zipped. "Soojung, now's not the time for jokes! We'd love a little tour if you don't mind, Seonghwa. Thank you very much" Yeosang once again covers up for his sister.

"Right...let's go now then" Seonghwa hesitantly ushers them to a path.

A/N
I sort of forgot yesterday was Saturday so I missed the update hehe sorry (ง ื▿ ื)ว