12

After a long walk around the town, Seonghwa, followed by Yeosang and Soojung, arrive at Seonghwa's front door again. He unlocks it swiftly and they all enter the cool house. "You have about three hours until you need to go again so I recommend resting" Seonghwa suggests. "Thank you, I think we''ll do just that" Yeosang announces and the Kang twins retreat to their shared bedroom.

As soon as the door closes behind Yeosang, Soojung energetically empties the contents of the bag given to her by San onto her bed. "Someone's eager" Yeosang lazily says, proceeding to lie down on his bed and lay an arm over his eyes. "I haven't looked at the other things in the bag yet and I've been bottling my curiosity all day, of course I'm eager!" She delicately pulls out the smooth blue shirt and the pretty skirt from before and sets them aside.

Soojung blindly sticks her hand back into the bag and feels something thin and hard. Now intrigued, she pulls out a small accessory. "Sangie, what's this?" She stretches her arm in Yeosang's direction even though his eyes are firmly shut.

"Excuse my rudeness but can you please shut up? I'm trying to sleep" he bluntly grumbles. Soojung pouts and crosses her arms, staying completely silent. Yeosang understands that she's quiet not to let him sleep, but because he's annoyed her. Letting out a sigh of defeat, he opens one eye. "That's a clip that you put in your hair- and no. Before you ask, I will not show you how to put it on. Go ask someone else and let me sleep" he spits out before returning to his previous position.

She huffs loudly and picks up her bag. I wonder if Seonghwa's free right now she thinks, before leaving the room quietly. She creeps down the stairs only to find an empty living room. Empty except for the presence of Aurora, that is. "Aurora! I missed you!" Soojung drops the bag and runs over to the kitten.

For the next few minutes, Soojung just sits beside Aurora on the couch while petting her softly. Her warmth under Soojung's fingertips felt comforting and Aurora's big beady eyes made her heart swell with adoration. At last, a tiny high pitched "meow" escapes the kitten and it takes all that's in Soojung to not start rolling around the room. She can no longer control her smile at the cat's cuteness.

Suddenly, she hears shuffling from the kitchen beside her. "Seonghwa?" she softly calls out, afraid of startling her little friend beside her. Yunho emerges from the kitchen, holding a bowl. "Sorry to disappointing, but it's just me! Seonghwa's gone out to do some work, did you need something?" he asks before shoving a spoonfull of his food into his mouth. "What is that?" she questions. "Cereal. Don't tell Seonghwa though, he gives out to me for always finishing all the cereal in the house." He lets out a chuckle as he sits down on a couch beside Soojung.

"What's in that bag?" he points to her plastic bag.

Suddenly she remembers her initial question. "Oh yeah, how do you put this on?" she asks while pulling out the white clip again. Yunho sets his bowl down on a table and takes the clip from her. His long yet delicate fingers insert it into her hair for her. "There, now take a look" Yunho points towards the large wall mirror in the room. Soojung nods and walks over to the mirror.

She exclaims in joy. "It looks beautiful!" While she continues to pose, Yunho notices something in her bag. "Uh, not to be nosy or anything but who gave you these? This is one skimpy dress" He expresses, holding up a small black dress that looks like it'd barely cover anyone.

"It looks like a top to me" Soojung innocently claims. Yunho shakes his head in disagreement. "No, this is definitely a dress. I know Seonghwa definitely didn't get you something like this, so who was it?" He smirks and nudges her. For some reason Soojung feels flustered, and she looks to the ground as her cheeks start to heat up. 

"S-San" she stutters. Yunho's eyes widen. "San? I'm not surprised that he'd give you something like this yet I'm still shocked that he gave you clothes for free?" Yunho shakes his head in disbelief. Quickly, he grabs her shirt and skirt from the bag too. "He even got you something more modest! Surprise after surprise." 

How is this surprising? What kind of person do others make San out to be? He's so thoughtful and kind!

"Wait- and you're going to a park with him later today too, aren't you? He's finally changing for the better!" Yunho claps happily and he can't help but laugh. "Changing for the better?" Soojung asks, completely lost. "Long story, I just need to tell Mingi this! Bye!" He hops up, grabs his bowl and dashes out of the room before Soojung can ask anything else.

As soon as Yunho leaves, Aurora crawls back onto Soojung's lap. She strokes the kitten softly while thinking. "Why does San have such a bad reputation with everyone? Even Yeosang?" She asks the cat. Aurora simply stares at her, completely oblivious to the world. She's somehow more innocent than Soojung.

"He's such a nice person and I can't see anything wrong with him. If he's done any bad things in the past he can surely be forgiven already, right?"

"I'm not too sure about that" Soojung perks up at someone else's voice. She turns her head to see Seonghwa standing at the open door. "You can't forgive someone who hasn't apologised" Seonghwa states, fists clenched. "He hasn't apologised yet?" She asks.

"No, he hasn't. And he never will either. That's just how he is, there's no way to turn him into a better person. Of course there's a chance he'll try to change in the future but I have a feeling that's not anytime soon." He sadly shakes his head.

"This is why we want you to stay clear of him. You can be friends with him but I don't recommend letting him any closer than that, it'll just end in pain for you." Soojung considers Seonghwa's words carefully. Everyone's warning her but she still wants to give him a chance. No matter how much she tries to dislike San, something in her fully trusts him to be a good person.

She won't let others ruin her perception of San. She decides to only judge him based on what she sees with her two eyes.

"Thank you Seonghwa, but I still have faith in him and I don't want to judge him solely on what others say." She firmly responds. Seonghwa shrugs in defeat. "Fair enough. Now you should start getting ready and tell your brother to as well." He smiles, no longer the serious person he was moments ago.

A/N
Sorry for the boring chapter (╥﹏╥) I just finished editing it and I don't know what I was thinking while writing it originally to be quite honest (ง ื▿ ื)ว