20

"We're nearly there, just hang on. If that man San was telling the truth, that is." Hongjoong grunts, starting to struggle while supporting Jongho. "I'm sorry for being a burden, but then again technically it's your fault this happened." Jongho cheekily responds. With a deep sigh and quick shake of the head, silence falls between the two again.

After awkwardly shuffling into the nearby building, they see someone. "Is this a hospital?" Hongjoong asks. The woman at the desk lazily lifts her eyes and gasps loudly when she catches sight of Jongho. "You should go to the emergency section with your leg in that condition!" she exclaims.

"And which way would that be?" Hongjoong calmly questions. The woman, on the other hand, looks like she's panicking. "That looks so bad, I'm sorry I'm still new to the job! I think it's that way...no wait I'm sure there's a sign..." She paces around the lobby, frantically scanning all the signs.

"Found it! You're lucky the emergency room isn't usually that busy, so the waiting time should be quick" She smiles warmly, finally calming down.

Hongjoong chuckles lightly. "Thank you! And good luck on the job" He winks to her, unintentionally making her heart flutter.

"No worries! By the way my name is-"

"Is everything okay Jongho? You've been awfully quiet for a while now" Hongjoong interrupts the girl while slowly walking away with Jongho. Jongho's pained expressions changes to a confused one. 

"The woman was trying to tell you something." He firmly states, not understanding why Hongjoong suddenly cares about him. "I can tell she's interested in me and I don't want to hurt her by turning her down later" he mumbles, sneakily glancing over his shoulder to find the same girl standing there, watching the pair limp down the hallway.

"Why would you turn her down? You don't want a relationship right now? Or do you have someone already?" He curiously asks. "You're too nosy. Why would I even tell you? It's none of your business" He grumbles, glaring at the younger.

Jongho takes advantage of his charming eyes as he flashes the best puppy-dog eyes he can muster, resulting in an eye-roll from the older.

"I have someone but I haven't seen them in years. That's all I'm going to say, stop making that dumb face" he complains. Satisfied, Jongho looks back down, biting his lip from the pain in his leg.

They approach a door with "A&E" written above it. "This is probably it" the shorter states, finally stepping in.

。・゚゚・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆。゚・゚゚・ 。

"Told you it'd take longer than a week" Hongjoong smirks, earning a pout from Jongho. "The doctor said it'd be at least three months before you fully recover" his smile doesn't falter while he teases the younger. 

Suddenly he feels a whack to the back of his legs. He jumps and turns to see Jongho waving one of his new crutches around warningly. "I have a weapon now so I'd watch my words if I were you" he smirks before moving forward again.

The two men had been walking for only five minutes before they reach the other building that San had pointed out to them: the hotel.

"Hello, how much would one night cost for two adults?" Hongjoong professionally asks. A woman smiles welcomingly at them and announces the prices to the boys, making their eyes widen.

"We're already in debt because of me from the hospital, how will we afford this? We don't even have money." Jongho expressed his worries to the older. 

"San didn't tell us about the price, that little-"

"Sorry, did you just say San?" the woman suddenly grows interested. "Yeah he was the one who told us to come here" Hongjoong explains.

The woman brightens up. "If San sent you guys...I'll let you stay one night for free" she smiles. "Will you tell him I said hi in return?"

The two men nod with uncomfortable smiles, still in disbelief. "Though the only room we have available right now has only one single bed...I'm so sorry, we're quite small and don't expect many customers." she bows, avoiding eye contact with the scowling Jongho out of shame.

"That's okay! We'll take it anyway." Hongjoong smiles. Jongho's head whips around in shock, but the shorter ignores it as he accepts the room key from the woman.

"How will we share only one single bed!" Jongho worriedly scolds. "I told you, I'm already taken in a sense. I don't want to share a bed with you. Since your leg is injured, you can sleep on the bed and I'll sleep on the floor" he coldly arranges, not even looking at the younger.

They stand side by side in the elevator, a thick and uncomfortable atmosphere hanging in the air. Thankfully it's a short experience since the hotel only has two floors. 

"Did your friends ever tell you why they felt the need to run away to Earth?" Hongjoong asks as soon as they enter the hotel room. The boys walk over to the small single bed in the corner of the room and sit on it. Jongho notices how there's only one table in the middle of the room accompanied by one short chair. 

"They never mentioned anything to me." he sadly responds. Wanting to investigate a door at the back of the room, he stands up and flinches when his ankle starts to sting again.

"Why did you have to get yourself into this mess by coming down too? Look where that got you." Hongjoong gestures to Jongho's leg. "You should have just left it to the professionals."

"What would you know? You wouldn't understand the pain that I'm going through right now so please shut your mouth." Jongho's voice progressively rises in volume until he's shouting. "Stop acting like you relate to me just because we both were capable of feeling different emotions than the average angel." Jongho spits at him, not noticing Hongjoong's face reddening with anger.

"I do understand what you're going through so watch your words! Maybe it's time I tell you why I even bothered following you down here." Hongjoong snaps back.

Interested in hearing his backstory, Jongho obediently sits back down.

"Remember I told you I'm somewhat taken by someone I haven't seen in years? Well, you can say it's his fault."

A/N
It just hit me that we're already on chapter 20, woah (°ロ°) !