30

After a walk that felt like it lasted forever, the group arrive at the house. Wooyoung finally caught on that San lied to him and went to the party instead, so Soojung and San ended up hearing an earful from Wooyoung and an earful from Yeosang. Thankfully they didn't give out too much because if Soojung hadn't gone to the party, she wouldn't have met Jongho again so soon and Yeosang was still glowing after that.

San, Soojung, Wooyoung and Yeosang mentally prepare themselves for Seonghwa's wrath. It's nearly midnight and he's probably already caught on by now that no one's home except for Mingi and Yunho.

Soojung gets nominated to ring the doorbell after a game of rock paper scissors, which took way too long to explain to the four angels. After they finally got the hang of it though, Soojung ultimately lost.

She timidly rings the bell with shaky fingers. Luckily only Mingi is at the door. "Yo, you're in so much trouble-" He stops short when he sees the group of five more people behind her. He goes blank. Yunho peeks his head from behind.

"Oh are we having a party here? Come in!" He welcomes everyone in, cheerful as ever. He grabs Mingi by the shoulders and drags him back in. The other boy snaps out of it. "...Right, come in." he emotionlessly says, nerves through the roof. Without another word, he shuffles back up the stairs.

"Sorry, he can be really shy. Sit down while I go get S-"

"Are they finally back?" Soojung shivers at Seonghwa's stern voice from the kitchen. She's never heard him this angry before. He gives off the same feeling as an enraged mother after their child comes home late.

He may as well be their mother at this point, honestly.

"Look at the time. What were you even-" He walks out of the kitchen with a glass of water, before suddenly stopping. As soon as his eyes lay on someone from the group. His jaw drops and the glass slips from his hand, water spilling at his feet.

"Hongjoong?" He whispers. Soojung's head whips around to the said man, who holds an equally shocked expression.

"So this is where you went. This coincidence is crazy." Hongjoong laughs in disbelief, walking closer to Seonghwa. Jongho's voice squeaks from behind, "Is this the guy you were talking about earlier?"

"Yes." Hongjoong answers, not taking his eyes off Seonghwa for even a second.

"Everyone seems to be finding lost ones today, how cute." San says with a hint of sarcasm in his tone.

Seonghwa walks back into the kitchen, silently inviting Hongjoong to follow. The older gets the message as he dreamily trails into the kitchen too. San decides to speak up again.

"Well this is getting awkward, why don't we all-"

"Don't think I've forgotten." Yeosang snaps his head around. Wooyoung also gains some confidence and accompanies Yeosang, sliding the jacket off his shoulders.

Soojung gasps and instantly lets go of San's hand to approach Wooyoung, staring at his arm with horror.

"Why did you blatantly lie? You did hurt Wooyoung, and you're going to hurt my sister too." Yeosang hisses.

"I'd never hurt her! You won't believe me, but I seriously had no control when I hurt Wooyoung! I'd never consciously do something like that...anymore." San tries to explain himself, getting more and more nervous by the second.

"No control? Don't spout such nonsense. You're a bad person and I want you to stay away from Soojung." Yeosang deadpans. Soojung bites her lip, desperately trying to still see only the good in San, but it increasingly becomes more difficult.

"You have to believe me, I could see everything that was happening but I literally couldn't move any of my body how I wanted to no matter how much I tried, I admit it wasn't like that in the past but I've changed." San begs, head starting to spin at the threat of losing his girlfriend of only a week so soon.

"Okay, now explain why your eyes looked red when you threatened me? What are you?" Yeosang asks, backing away a bit as he spits the words out. San feels like his heart is stabbed multiple time when he sees Soojung also stepping back, leaving him stranded. All alone again.

"What did you just say?" Hongjoong steps out of the kitchen with Seonghwa. "I said his eyes went really weird while he was threatening me, they looked like they had red swirls in them." Yeosang explains again, staring daggers into San at the same time.

Hongjoong's face morphs into one of fear, and San instantly understands that he knows the truth.

Before he can stop the other from revealing his biggest secret to everyone, it's too late. The words come out of his mouth slowly and clearly.

"San is a demon." Hongjoong announces, words sharp.

While Wooyoung snorts, getting ready to shoot a sarcastic remark, he stops when he senses the heavy atmosphere. Yunho also stands confusingly, but he senses the fear in everyone.

Soojung's heart drops, and San nearly breaks down when he sees the terrified look in her eyes. "Please tell me this is a joke." Yeosang gulps, grabbing onto Soojung's hand.

San's eyes flicker over everyone's faces in a panic. "Not anymore! I'm slowly turning human, I've noticed it over the past while." he attempts to ignite a flicker of hope in the girl, but to no avail.

Soojung bursts into tears and runs towards the stairs, feeling like the world around her is collapsing. "You lied to everyone! How can you so shamelessly live like this while spreading your negativity to everyone? Stay away from me!" she cries, dashing up without a second glance. 

San falls to his knees, all light having left his eyes. "This girl believes everything! Guys, don't you think this is a little too far for a prank? I think she's crying too hard." Wooyoung asks everyone, but he gets a sinking feeling when no one moves a bit.

Everyone is shrouded in gloom, a complete contrast from the joy they all felt mere minutes ago.

Yunho stands closely beside Wooyoung, feeling scared simply because of the mood in the room.

"We have some explaining to do." Seonghwa finally speaks again, sighing afterwards.