Chapter 19

[Serenity]

I dropped down to the floor and screamed. I couldn't breathe. The guys rushed in and grabbed me out of the room.

"H-he's gone," I sobbed in disbelief.

"It's okay princess. Cry, let it all out," Mikey said holding me.

I cried into his shoulder for what felt like hours. The feelings were overwhelming. I felt guilty even though I know it wasn't my fault. He was gone, the person I loved so intensely. It was crippling pain. So unreal. Just an hour ago we were having the best time of our life. I didn't get enough time with him. Not nearly enough time. He gave me a promise ring. He was supposed to keep his promise.

"He broke his promise," I choked out.

"What did he promise you Reny?" Cal asked.

"He gave me a promise ring and told me to wear that until he can replace it with the diamond one. He promised we'd be together. He p-promised," I cried.

That night was terrible. I couldn't sleep and usually, I'd call Kev and we'd talk until I fell asleep. I couldn't do that anymore. I couldn't do a lot of things anymore. But I had to get used to it. I had to get used to a life without the love of my life. It took a long time but after a while, I learned to accept it. Xavier and I stayed close for the remainder of this year and our senior year. Graduation was hard. Kev couldn't wait to get out of that school. Xavier and I decided to be nurses. Kevin would always say how cool it would be if we all were nurses and had the same shifts. So we lived out his dream for him. Xavier and I shared an apartment through college but he eventually moved in with his girlfriend. I moved in with the boys. I never found anybody like Kev. I figured I wouldn't. But I accepted that. I learned to live with it. Just how he said I was worth dying for, he was worth living for. He will always be worth it.