Chapter 8

[Serenity]

I nodded my head and he grabbed my face and left a gentle kiss on my lips. He went to pull away but I deepened it.

Why? I wasn't too sure.

Maybe it was the alcohol and I was just drunk or maybe it was everything I felt for Kevin intensifying but regardless I smiled and kissed him slowly and passionately.

After a minute I broke away from the kiss and he had the widest grin revealing his dimples.

"Let's go babygirl," he whispered standing up and dragging me downstairs with him.

We both found our way to the big ass living room where the music was playing and Kevin wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Did you and Aaron really break up?" A girl I'd known as Ayana asked me.

"Yes, we really broke up," I laughed bitterly.

"Oh," was all she said before walking away.

Kevin must've noticed that the vodka was kicking in because of my actions.

"How about we go sit you down?" Kevin laughed picking me up bridal style and pushing through the several bodies in his way.

We made our way to the kitchen and he sat me down on one of the stools and stood by my side.

[Kevin]

"Why are you laughing?" I questioned Reny who was currently giggling like a little kid.

She just shrugged making me laugh. Then K.C came over to us making me furrow my eyebrows. He was on the baseball team and the football team and was a senior. He was one of the most well know kids in the school or "popular" but we were all cool with him.

"Serenity?" He questioned to get her attention.

"Hm?" She turned to look around to see who called her.

"You're single now right?" He asked making me roll my eyes.

Now that the news was out that she's single every guy wants to get with her. Why? Simple because she's Serenity Hemmings. Nothing to dislike about her. She's not a bitch like the other girls in our school. And she's real. Looks and personality-wise.

"Yeah, why?" She furrowed her eyebrows her drunken state obviously slowing her thoughts down.

"Well, I was wondering if you'd like to go out sometime?" He asked biting his lip.

"K.C. I think you'd have a better chance stopping by her house tomorrow or something she's drunk off her ass," I said and he smiled before nodding.

It was only about 12:30 am when Reny started to get uncomfortable with the number of people bombarding her with questions. She didn't say but I could tell by the way she would get out of answering a few by downing a shot.

"You wanna go home princess?" I mumbled in her ear and she nodded.

I didn't drink so I was able to drive my car home. I easily picked her up bridal style and we made our way to my car that was a few houses down.

We were both laughing about dumb little things.

Once we were there I easily placed her in the passenger's seat and buckled her in making sure she was okay.

I got in and quickly started the car. I almost took her home but remembered Tori said she was staying at Calum's house so I made my way to his house.

"Are you hungry baby girl?" I questioned and she nodded.

10 minutes later she ate and we were pulling into Calum's driveway...and all the lights were on. This was gonna be a hell lot of explaining. I internally groaned.