Chapter 2

[Luke]

"What's that?" Aaron pointed to her cheek.

I followed his gaze and I saw a red ass hand print on her cheek along with little specks of blood and peeled skin.

My mom.

"Listen Aaron bring her into the backseat of my car I'll be there in a few. Take your car to Calum's house," I spoke slowly seeing him nod.

We walked downstairs and he walked straight out the door but I walked to my mother.

"Mom," I spoke making her turn.

"Yes, sweetie?" She spoke making me scoff.

"Don't sweetie me Ma, why did you hit Serenity?" I asked.

"Who said I hit her?" She said confused.

"Mom enough with the bullshit she just magically has a handprint mark on her cheek that's bleeding with some peeled skin?" I raised my eyebrow.

"I-" She stuttered.

"I'll say it one more time why did you lay a hand on my sister?" I raised my voice seeing her raise her eyebrow.

"She was out last night and came home late and was a little drunk. Okay, that's why I hit her she was being irresponsible. She 17 and has no reason to be out drinking with those so-called friends she has," she rolled her

"But you don't hit Aubrey for doing the same thing? I see how it is. Favoritism," I scoffed.

"What are you talking about?" She questioned.

"Oh, you don't know?" I laughed.

"Well, your so-called 'Innocent' 15 years old daughter goes out drinking too. But you didn't know that right? At least Serenity isn't a fucking whore like Aubrey," I spoke making my mom look dumbfounded.

"And why would you say that?" She asked.

"Because mom I have friends in high school that literally say 'you're sister she's getting around in school you better watch out for her.' I'm not stupid whenever I'm home she's not you never notice that? How she's always at 'Vanessa's house'? I bet you don't even know where she is right now," I laughed slightly.

"But you know what? I tried to change Aubrey but she never gave a fuck. If she wants to fuck up her life then so be it. But Serenity she has had 1 boyfriend for the past 2 years and unlike your other daughter, she's a Virgin and only goes out sometimes. So know facts before you talk," I scoffed.

"She needs discipline Luke. Babying her isn't going to form her into a proper young lady. Serenity is amazing. A great kid. But I don't want her to fuck up her future because of that damn boy and those friends. I am sorry I hit her. You know I don't hit you guys. I'll talk to Aubrey," she spoke and there was no doubt that it was the truth.

"I'm sorry for shouting mom. I was being disrespectful," I looked down knowing I was rude.

"Listen Luke I raised you to watch out for your sisters. To make sure nobody ever hurts them emotionally or physically. So I'm happy you said what you said. You're right I do pay more attention to Aubrey sometimes. You guys always were independent. I'll make sure Aubrey fixes herself," she spoke slowly.

"Where are you taking her?" She asked.

"Calum's house. I'll make sure she comes home tomorrow so you guy can talk though," I answered and she nodded.

"If she wants to go out with friends tonight it's alright. Just make sure she's okay Luke. I love her so much. I just want the best for you guys," she smiled lightly.

"Of course mom. I love you. I'll see you tomorrow," I spoke hugging her.

"I love you more drive safe," she smiled closing the door as I walked out.

I got in my car and he drove off.