Chapter 17

{2 months later }

[Third Person]

Kevin and Serenity were doing beyond great. They were the happiest they both have been in a long time. They gave each other everything they wanted. Their love consumed them. He even got her a promise ring. He said 'to wear this until I can replace it with the diamond one'. Their relationship truly was thriving.

[Serenity]

"Kev, Luke texted me saying to meet at Calum's house instead," I laughed.

"They can't ever pick a house can they," he shook his head.

"You know how stupid they are. It's always the opposite of what they originally said," I explained my brother's stupid logic.

"I'll keep that in mind next time," he laughed.

"You look extra cute today," I whispered making him smile.

"Anything for my baby," he grinned.

I grabbed his free hand and kissed his knuckles.

"So it's gonna be us, the guys, and who else," he questioned after I told him like 6 times.

"John? Jacob? Was it?" he joked.

"It's Jason and his father. Luke works for his dad. Awe are you jealous?" I said pouting at the last part.

"That kid has nothing on me," Kev scoffed.

"Exactly so shut up. I've turned him down before I can easily do it again. Why would I go for anybody else when I have you?" I questioned.

"I know right I'm like so cool," he bragged putting emphasis on the so.

He pressed the gas and it all flashed before my eyes. I couldn't even begin to explain how I felt. The fear consumed me. Not fear of me dying, but of him. The car was coming to the front of us and Kev swerved so it wouldn't hit me. The car collided with his side. I jerked into the door. Blood was everywhere and so was glass. My vision was blurred with tears. I reached for my phone and called 911. They were already on their way. He was cut and was bleeding out. I took off my sweater and placed it on him applying as much pressure as I could.

"Stay with my Kev. It's okay, you're okay," I managed to choke out.

"I-I'm here baby girl," he said as his eyes fluttered.

"It's okay just hold my hand," I whispered loud enough for him to hear.

He cried in pain. The sound was torture to my ears. It pained my heart.

"It hurts," he cried while choking on his tears.

"I know baby. But they're coming," I tried to assure as I heard sirens get closer.

"Are you hurt? I tried to swerve so you didn't get hurt," he spoke with worry.

"I'm okay I promise. Just focus on you," I told him as tears fell freely from my eyes.

The ambulance came and they took us both. They took both of our vitals and examined us on the way to the hospital.

"Name of you both?" the female asked me.

"Serenity Hemmings and Kevin Ortiz. Both 17 years of age," I replied shaking.

"Call Dr. Hood immediately," I told her and she didn't hesitate.

"He wants to talk to you," she said giving me the phone.

"Serenity?" Cal questioned.

"Y-yeah," I stuttered.

"Sweetheart I'm on my way and so are the boys. Are you okay, is Kevin okay?" he asked.

"I feel fine. Calum hurry he's hurting," I cried into the phone.

The lady took the phone back then made an announcement.

"Nothing gets done until Dr. Hod is here. He's 5 minutes away. We have to keep them both stable," she said and the rest of them nodded.