Lovely Night

Slow and calming jazz music spread through the air as the last few hermits gathered their belongings and left Ren's island. There had been a really exciting and rather wild barbecue that afternoon that was meant to be a simple get together, but as noon dimmed to dusk and the party grew more unstable some of the more responsible hermits, also known as Xisuma, insisted that everyone head home before nightfall to avoid and midnight flying accidents or unexpected raids. Although this disappointed a few true party souls, the hermits all agreed and tidied up the island as best they could, before heading home in small groups across the server.

Most arrived home successfully, while some, a bit more tipsy than others barely managed to make it to their front doors. Tango and Zed slept over at Impulses base out of drunken necessity while others like Etho and Vintage Beef decided to spend the night together with level heads. However, there was one, or maybe two, that didn't quite make it home before nightfall.

Grian wandered the shopping district in his party outfit, a long and flowing red blouse, tight black leggings and heeled black boots. The outfit wasn't to much different from his typical look, but he wanted to wear something special that day. Fortunately for him, most of the other hermits dressed up a bit as well. He wandered from shop to shop, looking at products and prices, not really knowing what to purchase when he heard quiet, yet heavy footsteps around the corner of the rocket shop.

"Doc?" Grian asked at the sight of the creeper hybrid in front of him. His hair was slicked back on top, a bit messy at the ends from time, and he wore a white dress shirt with black slacks and black dress shoes. He looked up to the blonde, eyes half-lidded and ran a hand through his hair, not saying a word. Grian took a step forwards and smiled hesitantly, "What brings you to the shopping district at this time? The suns about to set, it could get a bit dangerous..."

Grian's rant went quiet as Doc stepped closer, examining his small frame before shoving his hands in his pockets and walking past him. "I could be asking you the same question, couldn't I? Isn't your home a bit far from here?"

Grian furrowed his brow, nose scrunching up with it as he began to half-walk half-jog next to the taller hermit. They began to wander up towards Xisuma and Keralis' shop, following the grass around to the back, and walked up across the rocks. "It's not nearly as far as yours," Grian said, a bit annoyed yet playful, "besides I asked you first. And where are we headed anyway?"

"Well," Doc said and stopped abruptly, feeling the smaller hermit walk into his back and looked out onto the sea. He smiled and turned to the smaller hermit, the light of the setting sun illuminated him from the back. "if you must know, I'm here to watch the sunset."

Grian rubbed his nose and looked up to Doc, suddenly realizing how much taller the scientist was and took a short, flustered step back. "The sunset? I didn't peg you as the romantic type."

Doc rolled his eyes as Grian chuckled and looked at the ocean, watching as the sun began to creep below the horizon and smiled, "You'd be surprised at how much you don't know."

Grian paused for a moment before taking a few steps forward, letting his gaze wander from Doc to the sunset. He watched as the water splashed against the rocks below and slowly out to where it began to engulf the sun and muttered, "I guess you're right... but why here?"

"The view? It's quite lovely if you slow down and watch it. Care to join me?" Doc asked, holding out a hand to assist the smaller hermit up onto the ledge where he stood. Grian took the offer hesitantly and took his place by Doc's side, letting the gorgeous view imprint into his memories.

Doc shut his eyes and took in a deep breath before gazing out once more. He smiled and began to speak, with his voice in a low yet relaxed tone, "The sun is nearly gone, the lights are turning on. A silver shine that stretches to the sea." He looked down to the blonde, who was now staring up at him confused but intrigued. "We've stumbled on a view that's tailor-made for two..."