🌹Eleven🌹

I could feel the rush of the wind hitting my face as Jared rode his bike at high speed. My hands were tightly held around his defined waist as we speed through the highway, to say that I wasn't afraid that any moment I might fall off ---- that is an absolute lie .

That was in the beginning of the ride, my fear diminished as I got used to the speed and enjoyable feeling replace it instead but still, holding him tightly is my source of security. Both of us didn't say anything along the ride until we finally reach the bakery where Mr. Richard's wife works at.

I hop down from Jared's bike and took off my helmet handing it to him as he stops it beside the bakery.

Jared finally speak," come on let's go in." Without waiting for my reply he grab hold of my hand and head straight to the bakery.

The sound of the bell ring when Jared push the bakery door open. The two people who were busy discussing at first  standing at the cashier counter turn their heads once they heard it to see who had enter the bakery.

"Oh my~ who do we have here?" Mrs. Richard asked with one of her hand covering her mouth when both Jared and I stood in front of them. As for Jessica, she didn't say a word but her teasing look was enough to make me want to hide in a rabbit hole right now.

To dismissed the silence, Jared introduce himself, " Hi to both beautiful ladies, I am Jared Petterson. One of Rose's friend."

"Oh-hohoho, what a fine lad. I feel so flattered," Mrs. Richard said while smiling from ear to ear winking at me.

" It's nice to meet you Jared, I am Jessica. Rose's going-to-be sister in law, I didn't know she had such a handsome friend," Jessica state with a curious tone to it while giving me an eye signal saying you have to tell me everything!

Ughhh I can feel the pressure now, please let me hide.

"We just became friends a few weeks ago. That's probably why she didn't tell you," explained Jared.

Jessica nod her head at his explanation but still her eyes were telling me we were not done.

Great. Just great.

"Anyways, I am glad Rose brought you along! Now I can have more opinions in making the cake," Jessica excitedly said to Jared.

" I will be glad to help," smiled Jared as he agreed to cake tasting for Jessica's wedding cake.

"Alright let's go kids, to the kitchen~" Mrs. Richard sang as she guide us back to the kitchen were all the cake samples were already placed on the table for us to try.

When Mrs. Richard was introducing the flavours and toppings to us, Jessica who was beside me tug on my sleeve and whispered in my ear,"Rose, did you know your hoodie was down the entire time since you guys enter?"

What?!

My eyes bulge as I look at her. Hastingly I cover my head with the hoodie and glared at her. She knew I was so afraid to show anyone my face or even let my hoodie down.

"Jessica!" I sneered, " you should have told me earlier!"

Jessica flinched back a little after hearing me, I could see that she was a little hurt by my reaction. At that moment I felt bad, I knew she was just trying to help me bring my confidence back.

" I'm sorry." I apologized after calming down.

Jessica gaze soften and she nodded meaning she understand,"we will talk when we get back," said Jessica as she walk to the other side to join Mrs. Richard in tasting.

What I didn't notice was that actually both Mrs. Richard and Jared heard our conversation. Once I realised that, I was extremely ashamed. Instead of facing them I went to pick on the nearest cake to test to avoid them.
Suddenly a warmth hand rested on my head, lifting my head up I saw Jared already standing beside me with a comforting smile looking at me.