🌹Four 🌹

Shock was registered on my face as I hiked my head up.

Why is apologizing for him? Who is he to Evan? There were so many thoughts flowing through my mind at that instance.

I was going to ask denim boy when the fiery Alex jumped in, " What?!" she shrilled," What did king of jerks and that Melissa witch do?" Alex stare intensely at him then turn to face me.

"Did he hurt you? Are you alright? Rose, you have to tell me because I can and I will go straight to their table and give them a piece of my mind! I should have came back a day earlier!" Alex grab my arms with her nails deep into my skin as she questioned me.

I winched at the pain when she grab my arms with a strong force, trying to ignore it I assured her that I was fine but she wouldn't listen, she was fuming and her ears turn a fiery red just like her hair. Alex released my arms and was about to get up to give Evan and Melissa a piece of her mind— me on the other side was trying to calm her down when denim boy decided to cut in.

"Rose?" he blurted.

The both of us stop to look dumbly at him before he continued, "Are you perhaps Rose Daweson?"

"Yes....." I drawled. I was definitely curious as to why he knew my last name.

His expression was like he met one of his favourite artist at a fan signing event. To be honest I was kind of creep out when he offered me a radiant big smile.

"Rose it's me," he said as he pointed at himself," Don't you remember? I'm Jared, Jared Peterson." he finished.

Knotting my brows, I made a trying to think hard expression as I tried to recall anyone I know with the name Jared who used to live in Edgewood. I was going to respond him with a no, when a sudden image of a scrawny boy wearing black round glasses with his front tooth pointed out like a rabbit flash through my mind.

Realisation hit me like a wrecking ball, I was loss for words. I actually couldn't believe that instead of a skinny looking boy with glasses sitting in front of me was a well-built handsome hunk. My eyes were blinking hoping that what I was looking was fake, if not, puberty did hit him hard.

It was shell-shocked to say the least.

Somewhat, my self conscious took hold of my system. I couldn't let him see what I have become now, a coward, lack of confidence, hopeless and unattractive girl.

The 9 years old Rose he knew used to be a perfect and pretty person, but she was long gone. Tucking my head like a tortoise, I hide my acne prone face in the large hood enough for him not to see my pimples clearly. Alex seemingly noticed my change of behaviour was fast to sent daggers towards an innocent Jared thinking that maybe he did something in the past to hurt me.

Jared ,though, was not aware that Alex was killing him with her eyes because he was looking at me brightly.

Insecurity within me was eating me up, my body was telling me to run and hide.

Excusing myself, I walked out from the cafeteria. Before I went out, I did catch a brisk look of Jared's face, his eyes shone with worried but all I did was ignore it.

**********

I avoid Jared like the plague after that day he introduce himself at the cafeteria, even though having the same Chemistry class every morning, I tried my best to ignore his burning stares and leave the lab early as I can —not giving him a chance to utter a word to me.

Alex though texted me non-stop after I walked out without an explanation. She was extremely worried about me, I can tell when she bombarded my phone with hundreds of messages in History class in which Ms. Raven would occasionally give me warning looks just as I was replying Alex her text.

Since Alex was not originally from Edgewood, I told her all about how I knew Jared as a kid. She was somewhat bumped to know how Jared looked when I showed her a picture of us when we were young.

During lunch time, Jared got the message that I was avoiding him, so instead of siting with us he went to sit with Evan's group which didn't surprise me, Melissa even threw a smug my way.

Still, I felt a slight disappointment.

"Are you okay?" Alex nudged my shoulder when I wasn't listening to her.

I just shrugged.

"You know, you have been staring at him since he sat down. ." she nodded in Jared's direction who is chatting with a guy beside him.

"I'm not staring at him," I flatly said.

Alex rolled her eyes, not believing at what I just said. " Whatever you say, I think you might even like him" she implied.

Ignoring her, I decided to eat my lunch peacefully.

************

Friday came around, everyone at school was ecstatic to see the weekend arriving.

I just finished my last period and was on my way out of this school when a familiar black hair guy leaning against a black vintage truck with his hands tuck into his jeans pocket as if he was waiting for someone. He had an easy going vibe coming from him as he scans through the crowd of students rushing out from the main door.

I thought it was kind of odd for me to think that he might be waiting for me.

Dismissing the thought, I walk steadily towards the exit.

However, I was walking by his truck when a firm hand grab my arm halting my steps.

Turning around, Jared's pleading blue eyes were fix on my hazel brown ones.

"Hey Rose," he shyly said as he let go of my arm to give us some space between us before he continued when I didn't reply him,"can I maybe take you somewhere to talk? I mean if you are uncomfortable with it I totall-"

"Okay, where to?"

Chapter four is up

Chapter four is up.

What do you think of this chapter? I hope you guys like it.

Remember to comment and vote!

~A