🌹Nine🌹

" I still think you should dye your hair pink," stated Alex.

Cole face screwed up the minute he heard Alex said pink. "No wayyy," he drawled, "I'll look ridiculous in pink!"

Alex rolled her eyes at him saying, " You said you wanted a dye that attracts people. So pink, " she concluded as she resume her lunch.

Jared and Cole have been eating lunch with us ever since that day. I was really not comfortable with him seating with us, I tried persuading him to get a new table but he wouldn't budge.

So the days goes by and I gave up. I was also beginning to get used to his presence at our table and the angry stares given off by Melissa even though I spoke little to him. Most of the time Cole and Alex were the ones who talk the most just to make the atmosphere slightly less awkward around us, sometimes me and Jared will also joined in their conversations but mostly it is just them.

Now I was just listening to those two bantering, as for Jared he wasn't here yet .

"I can't believe you," Cole groaned as he turned his face to me," Rose, pretty please tell your best friend here that pink doesn't suit me." he gritted his teeth as he tell me.

I looked at Alex then right back at him having no idea what to say, instead of giving him an answer I just shrugged my shoulders. Cole looked defeated as he slumped his shoulders because I didn't side with him. But that didn't stop him from continuing his bantering with Alex.

"Hey, I think pink will suit you too," I looked up to Jared as he came to seat at his usual spot then gave me a smile. Today Jared was late than usual, I wondered where he was. Wait, I shouldn't wonder what he does, doesn't concerned me.

Cole frowned at his friend's reply. " Not you too." he whined.

Jared chuckled at him then turned to me offering me the most charming smile ever as he sat down beside me.

Wait..charming?

I seriously need to get myself in check.

Pulling my hood over to hide the side of my face as I continue staring at the piece of uneaten pizza lying on my plate.

"Are you not going to eat that pizza?" Jared asked.

"Urm..." I examined my pizza " I don't think I want it anymore."

Without asking he grab the pizza from my plate and gave it a big bite while my eyes followed his action. "So, are you free after school today?" It was cute to see little bits of the pizza crust left on the lateral side of his mouth. I was really tempted to reach my hands to wipe them off but decided not to.

"No i'm not." sadly I answer which was a surprise to me as well, why do I sound so sad?

Jared seems to not like my reply, he prompted me, "Why?" he sighed "Are you still trying to avoid me Rose?"

To be honest, I didn't really mind him hanging out with me anymore since he is stubborn as a brick wall. Besides, as long as Melissa and Evan doesn't bother me, I'm fine.

"No, no,no. I really am busy after school today. I had to go to the bakery store with my brother's fiancee to pick out her wedding cake." I reassured him hoping he wouldn't get the wrong idea that I wanted to avoid him.

He listened to my reason and gave a thought for a moment before saying," Can I come with you?"

Can I come with you.....Can I come with you..? Wait what?!

"Wait what?!" I utter suddenly. Alex and Cole both turned their attention to us as they heard my loud exclamation. "What wait what? What happen when I was still at the battlefield?" questioned Alex with Cole giving a nod agreeing with her.

Before I could give her and Jared both an answer, the bell rang as to signal that lunch time was over. Without wasting anymore time the four of us hastily pick up our stuff and head to throw out our rubbish at the waste bin. Cole and Alex seemed to forget about what happened just a moment ago as they were racing to see who got to the bin first as for Jared he was walking slowly beside me.

I could feel his shoulder bump onto mine as we walk beside each other. Even though it was a bump I could feel my cheeks getting heated and the the fresh peppermint scent on him smelled so nice to the point that I wanted to stop and hug him there and then,you can't blame me it was a first time for me to get this close to guy who is not my brother and who is not a nasty bully.

" So are you going to give me an answer? You know is kinda rude to leave a man hanging." asked Jared with a hint of amusement in his voice.

"I urh...I don't-Um..." why is the walk taking such a long time? I mean the trash bin doesn't seem far.

I could suddenly feel Jared's breath beside me as he lean in to said something in my ear,"I'll meet you after school at the car park," then he took the tray from my hands and dump the remaining trash into the bin," Don't let me wait."he said while turning around to give me a wink before leaving through the doors of the cafeteria leaving me behind standing there blankly.

What the hell is wrong with me.

Hello TPAS readers,

I'm back with another chapter. I know it's been a long time since I updated 🤣

I was busy with university and stuff so I wasn't able to update the story. I will try my best to update as much as I can since we are all under lock down now. We can see that COVID-19 is becoming serious day by day😔

So I hope you guys are taking care of your health and don't go out without wearing a mask. Remember to always wash your hands !🤗