🌹 Twelve 🌹

When I said that I was going to get breakouts the next day, it happened as plan. The next morning I woke up, the small little white bumps were visible on my face.

Great.

I just thought to myself while looking at the mirror. My hands were really itching to just squeeze those new pimples out, but adding new scars to my acne scars collection is already enough. Dr. Kennedy had warned me on my last visit to not squeeze the new ones out. But the feeling of seeing those white bumps, so ready for you to squeeze them, I was tempted indeed.

Squeeze it. A voice from my subconscious voice out.

Don't squeeze it. Another voice from the other side of my subconscious warned me.

Squeeze it.

No, don't squeeze it.

I said squeeze it.

No, Rose don't do it.

"Ahhhhh!!" Swapping my hands over my head trying to get rid of the voices.

Staring at the mirror at my scar face was when I started to think, afterall it's ruin , a little addition to it won't changed anything. Moreover, today it's a Saturday which means I don't have to go to school to face critism.

Hands ready and I was going to prick those pimples on my left cheek.

"What are you doing?" came Jessica's voice from behind as she rush to my side and slap my hand away from doing something I might regret later. I slumped my head with my hands grabbing onto the corners of the basin waiting for Jessica to start lecturing me.

"Rose." She started, " didn't we agree that we should make an effort to cure your acne?"

Cure it? It's not like I didn't try anything. I did. From natural ingredients to medications, and nothing seems to show any effect. I had already given up on curing it a long time ago was what I wanted to say to her, but I just couldn't say it as i know she has good intentions to help me.

Seeing as I was giving her a silence response, she begin saying " Rose, you can't be like this forever. It's not healthy for both you and us, your family. You know we all are worried for you."

"I know," I mumbled back.

"Then Rose, didn't we said we will talk about yesterday what happened at the cake shop where you lashed out your anger?" said Jessica as she put her hands on my shoulder to comfort me.

"I'm sorry" I apolagize to her.

" I didn't mean it. I was just not myself"  I could feel the tears forcing to come out as I try to explain to her.

"Come here," Jessica seems to have notice as she pulled me over and hug me. That's when my tears started to pour out and my vision went blurry. I didn't know what has gotten into me, maybe it was all the stress and hormone changes in my body but I feel like wanting to release all my frustrations in one go.

So there we stood, both of us in the small toilet, me crying for an hour.

************

What the hell is Jared doing here, at my house, in front of my doorstep?

After crying in the bathroom for an hour, Jessica made me pancakes and her best chocolate milk drink to cheer me up.

When I was done with breakfast, I went back to my room to do some homework and watch some movies. It was then when I was going down to get some snacks when suddenly the door bell rang.

Grabbing my snack in one hand, I went to the door to open it. My eyes went wide out of surprise as I quickly slam the door after noticing that Jared was at my doorstep.

Knock. Knock.

"Rose?" His voice transmitted from the other side of the door.

I didn't know what to do, I was in a nervous state. What was he doing here? I didn't remember inviting him over. Should I just leave him and run?

"Umm, Rose are you okay?" Came again his voice.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine." I answered back then continued, " what are you doing here Jared?"

I could hear him chuckle at the other side of the door as he respond me, " could you first open the door? Then I'll tell you."

"No, tell me why, now," I stubbornly said.

"Then I guess you won't know why I came."

Ughhh....This guy, I can already imagine him smirking behind the door.

I was curious at the same time I didn't wanted to give in. But the real reason why I didn't want to open the door is because of my face condition today and I did not want him to see my ugly appearance.

"Fine. I'm not curious you can stay out there." I finally decided to say that to him and return to my room.

It has been 5 minutes since I left Jared at the door. I was hopeful that he went back, but as I went down the stairs wanting to grab a drink, chocolate brown eyes with a cheerful smiling face was looking straight at me on the stairs.

"What in the world?--How'd you get in?!"

----------------------------------------------------

Hello my readers, here I'm back with a surprise update!

It's has been awhile TPAS readers. I'm sorry for the long hiatus. 😢

Anyways, here is an update and I hope my TPAS readers are still here to read it.
Enjoy!

~A