🌹Five 🌹

Throughout the whole ride, we rode in silence with only the radio playing as the background, added with the awkward atmosphere floating inside the truck- wasn't helping me with the situation.

I was actually glad went Jared made a stop at the 24 hours convenience store to pick up some snacks and drinks for us while I waited patiently in his vintage truck.

 Once he was done paying, Jared got back in without saying a word as we continued our journey to God knows where. 

A familiar playground came into view when Jared pull over beside it. The playground was located in front of Edgewood elementary school, I was distracted at a few children running around the playground having fun until I didn't know Jared had gotten down to open the door for me - the plastic bag from the convenience store on the other hand.

 Thanking him as I got out, he then lead me to sit on a bench.

Settling down, I took my time to scan the surroundings, a sudden memory flood through my mind-

-That day it was a very sunny day where the sun shone brightly. A beautiful young girl wearing a pink  flowery dress was playing with the swing happily waiting for her brother to picked her up. 

At the corner of the playground -there was a big tree and a bench below it,  a thin boy wearing thick glasses was reading a book quietly at the bench. The young girl gaze at the boy with interest, she observed him intently noticing that he would scrunched and rub his nose whenever he tried to read the next page. 

Not long after that, a group of  kids that were bigger than him were surrounding him. The young girl noticed the discomfort written on his face as the mean kids were bullying him by throwing his book on the ground and taking his glasses off- at times shoving his shoulder. She was angered by the way they were treating the poor boy-she hopped down from the swing and angrily strode towards their direction.

"Stop what you are doing!" she shouted at them which got their attention. 

One of them quipped, " And what can a little weak girl like you do?"

"If you don't stop what you are doing, I'm going to complain to Mrs. Finn(their school teacher)." she said then stood in front of the skinny boy.

" Oh yeah?" the one with freckles on his face paused, "I dare you too."  he threatened her by stepping forward.

Before she knew it, she was pushed down by him with such force. Her butt landed painfully on the ground - trying to stand up and fight back her brother's voice, Mike, boomed," What are you kids doing! "

As soon as they saw Mike, the group of bullies back-off and sprint in the other direction.

Mike worriedly  picked up the young girl from the ground - he brushed off the dirt from her dress and check to see if she had any injuries. To his relief then, none. 

Mike didn't forget about the skinny boy as he went to asked him with concerned lace in his voice,"Are you okay? Do you need me to call your parents?"

He shook his head roughly before thanking Mike then turn towards his sister grinning with his visible rabbit tooth," Thank you."

She gladly return a sweet smile -reaching out her hand to initiate a handshake, she introduced herself, "My name is Rose Daweson."

The young boy  reached out at the same time saying," I'm Jared Peterson, nice to meet you."

- Jared broke my trance-liked state by handing me a bottle of orange juice- I was simply looking at him when I received the bottle, his manner seems troubled, still, I can't cease to admire his appearance.