🌹Two 🌹

I woke up to the unruly sound blaring from the small alarm clock located beside my bed, getting up with half my eyes open, I reached out and smashed the button then return to laying down on my bed while staring holes through the ceiling.

The feeling of dread creeps through my skin as I though of school and what will happen if I bump into Evan Kingsley again. In the blank space of my mind, a debating section was being form in whether I should face my demons or skip school, I tried to stop the thoughts but it seems like my mind has its own control. After 10 minutes of trying to take back control of my mind, I finally got up lazily from the bed to freshen up for school. Unlike most girls, picking out an outfit wasn't that hard for me, just a large size hoodie and leggings always does the trick. As for my appearance, I don't even bother with makeup because I don't have a mirror to look at. It always make me want to break down whenever I see myself in the mirror, what a horrible sight to look at.

The aroma of bacon and eggs were the first thing I smell the moment I step into the kitchen. Jasmine, wearing a white t-shirt that probably belong to my brother with a brown apron was making breakfast. Moving my focus to the dining table, there sat Mike with his uncombed bed hair drinking his coffee. "Morning," I yawned. Mike look my way answering, "Morning kiddo." At the same time Jessica mumbled a good morning.

"Can you not call me kiddo? I'm not a kid anymore," I glared at him while taking a seat in front of him.

"Urh...Judging from the 10 years difference of age between us, you are still basically a kid in my eyes." Mike stated with a grin. I rolled my eyes at him when he said that which made him raise his eyebrows at me.

"I don't care, I am not a kid" I argued.

"You are."

"No I am not."

"Admit it, you are."

"So No-"

Slam!

"Enough! The both of you, can't we have at least a peaceful morning for once. Gosh, what is wrong with you two siblings," exclaimed Jessica just as she came around from the counter to place the ready made breakfast onto the table. "Sorry." the both of us muttered at the same time then quietly ate our food. Once I finish eating, Mike was going to open his mouth again when Jessica step in to say, "Ah-ah, don't you dare start again."

Mike seem to look hurt, placing his big hands on his heart,"Babe, I was just gonna ask her if she wanted a lift to school!"

"Oh, okay," after replying him she continue to dig into her food, this cause me to chuckle at her action. My silly brother was acting like a drama queen he is pretended to wipe away the fake tears from his eyes who Jessica was trying to ignore but then gave in and gave him a kiss on his lips.

"Ew, guys please keep the PDA to a minimum level. Don't want to puke my guts out," I cringed.

Mike just shrugged at me, " So do you want a lift?" he asked.

Shaking my head, I answered,"No, it's ok. I can walk there, is not that far."

"Okay then, suit yourself."

After getting my backpack from my room, I said goodbyes to the both of them and headed out to school.

************

It didn't took me long to reach the front gates of Edgewood High. Once I reach there, the feeling I had this morning came back to me like a shock. What was even worst is that fate decide to play with me when I walk through the parking lot to see Evan and Melissa (a.k.a ex-best friend) standing near the entrance with their friends. I groaned to myself, I literally had no choice but to pass through them. Just as I was walking forward, a guy with short raven black hair wearing a denim jacket over his white t-shirt caught my attention. The reason behind it was because I never seen him around before and by the way he was standing uneasily make it easier to read that he didn't belong with the group.

FOCUS Rose. You have enemy ahead!

Closing my eyes I took a deep breath before reopening them, dawdling to the main entrance I spotted a few tall people from the basketball team going the same direction. Using this a chance to hide myself from them, I follow steadily behind them hoping Evan and Melissa fail to notice me. My heart was beating hard, sweat glistening my forehead, I was getting closer and closer to them. Nearing the entrance, I swiftly slight to the side of one basketball player name Rick (I think) to hide myself from their view, luckily Rick was busy talking to his partner to notice me. I was almost there when I heard that high pitch voice shrieked,"OMG, isn't that red hoodie belong to acne girl? Evan tell her to get out of my sight, I don't want her acne germs to spread to me!"

Cursing, I blamed the damn hoodie for giving myself away. My whole body flinched when she said that, it actually kind of hurt at the same time infuriating . I mean doesn't she know that acne is not contagious? What the hell is wrong with her brain? I actually couldn't believe I was friends with her before, I gave myself a reminder to have my eyes check before befriending anyone again. Their friends stop what they were doing to watch, I was embarrassed. Before I can get any more offends from both Evan and Melissa, I scurried into the school.

Finally away from them, I let out the breath I kept just a moment ago. Reaching my locker, I took out the materials I needed for my first lesson which is Chemistry. Gathering everything at one hand while using the other I shut the locker close.

Walking into the lab, there was only a few people being seated. Mr. Richard, our chemistry teacher, was preparing for the lesson as I strode in. Upon my arrival, he looked up and gave me a big smile,"Good morning Rose, early as usual," he beamed at me. In return I gave him a pleasant smile,"Morning to you too Mr.Richard. How is Mrs. Richard doing?" Mr. Richard's wife, Margaret, owns one of the best bakery in town, her signature dessert was the chocolate mousse which is to die for. "Oh she is fine," he paused," actually she has been asking for you, said haven't seen you coming to her bakery to test one of her new recipes last week."

"Well," I drawled before answering him," I was kind of busy helping out Mike to prepare his engagement ceremony, he wanted to do something extravagant for Jasmine just so she has no choice but to say yes," I said.

Mr. Richard's hearty laugh rang through the lab causing the few students to look to the front, "Ah, that young lad," he said that when his laugh died down. Shrugging my shoulders, I told Mr. Richard to tell his wife that I will be coming by with Jessica to discuss about the wedding cake soon and went over to seat at the back of the lab.

Settling down on the stool, I took out my Chemistry book to look through the topic that we will be focusing today. I was so into it that I failed to realise a presence beside me. Before I could look to the side to see who this stranger was, Mr. Richard starts the lesson. Instead of looking at the person beside me, I put all my focus on Mr. Richard's teaching. During the lesson, I could actually feel someone's eyes were trained on me from time to time from the side as if they want to ask me a question, but hesitating. I decide to shake off the feeling and concentrate. Finally the signal of the bell made me relief, while shoving my stuff into the bag, I took a curious side glance. To my dismay, the stranger was still sitting there. Planning not to bother, I was about to leave first when something caught my eye as I was passing by the person.

Denim Jacket? Where have I see- . Could it be?

Second chapter is up

So what do you guys think? I hope you enjoy it 🤣

Please do remember to vote and comment. I appreciate it.

Love, A. 🐥