🌹 Thirteen 🌹

I paused on the stairs and stared disbelievingly at Jared who was sitting comfortably on the high chair at the kitchen isle. What irritates me the most was that cheerful face of his, which made me want to hit him.

I slowly walked down the stairs without moving my gaze away from him. Once I stood opposite him, I didn't even give him a chance to speak, " How the hell did you get in?"

Jared didn't answer, he just continue to smile cheekily at me as he lean back on his seat as if he was just at his own home.

Before I could throw another question at him, Jessica came behind me and scolded, "Rose! Don't be rude to my guest."

"Your guest?" I asked with disbelief.

"Yes, my guest. I was the one who let him in," she explained as she went to make tea for us. " I needed his opinion on some wedding stuff."

"What wedding stuff?" I asked her while glaring at him, I continued "You can ask me."

" Oh well, I just wanted to hear some other opinion than yours. Maybe Jared's idea may inspire me," Jessica stated as she place the three tea cups on the table and sat down next to him, "Right Jared?"

What seems like centuries has gone by, Jared finally was able to speak, "Yeah Jess, about the band you asked......."

Jess?

Is he serious now? When did they get so close?

I was so loss in thought that I didn't notice that Jared was calling my name.

"What?" I asked.

"Jared was asking you if you are free this evening, he wants to bring you somewhere," Jessica answered and without even waiting for my response she continued, "You know what Jared she's free to go, take her with you and don't return her home before 10."  After hearing what my future sis-in law just said, I was baffled. Are we not supposed to be family?

Jessica who was still smiling so widely looking back and forth between Jared and I. All I could do was give her a speechless expression while Jared, he did show a little concern at first but then it was quickly covered up with his signature dashing smile.

                           -------------

It didn't took me long to get ready. I just put on a dark blue hoodie and was ready to go. Before leaving I stare at myself at the standing mirror I had in my room, those reddish brown scar marks and new big white bumps were very evidently shown on my face. It made me feel insecure to go out suddenly, even if I dapped on some concealer it will still be very obvious.

I was contemplating if I should even go outside today but Jessica's voice was calling out to me and I know that Jessica will not allow me to stay in. Draping my hoodie over my head making sure that it covers most of the side of my face, I glance at myself at the mirror one last time and went down stairs.

This time Jared didn't drive his killer bike, instead he drove his car over. It didn't take us long to reach our destination. Through the car window, I took a good look at the place where we just arrived.
It was Edgewood exhibition centre. Why did Jared bring me here? I frowned  as I took a glance at Jared who was now turning the steering wheel around to make a right turn into the car park area.

After parking his car, he got down from his driver seat and jog to my side to help me open my door.

"What are we doing here?" I asked insecurely while tugging my hood lower as I know that these kind of places there were so many people roaming around.

"You'll see," he answered standing next to the passenger door with one hand grabbing the edge of the door and looking down at me.

"I'm not going anywhere until you tell me," I stated as I pushed myself further into the passenger seat and kept my arms around me forming like a protective barrier . 

Jared rolled his eyes after seeing my reaction. After giving out a sigh, he grabbed me by the forearm and pulled me out from the seat without giving me the chance to protest. Jared quickly slammed the door shut and locked it making sure I didn't have a chance to open the door again. He gently grab my forearm and drag me towards the exhibition hall.

"Jared!," I hissed while being dragged behind him. He didn't reply to me but instead continued to drag me across the parking lot.

I could see many people walking towards the exhibition center and my anxiety wasn't helping me. I could feel the sweat forming in my palms.

As we were near the entrance, I noticed there  was a line. My anxiety got even worse as I thought we were going to join the line of people, I quickly used my free hand to pull my hood down as a cover hoping no one could see me with my ugly appearance.

Vip Fast Lane

The words flash through my vision as Jared and I went ahead of everyone. There were two men in black suits standing at the front of the lane. I watched Jared take out two folded pieces of ticket from his pocket and presented it to them. One of the men took the ticket and looked at it, he tears off the edge of the ticket and steps aside to allow us to enter. I heard him say thank you while continuing to drag me into the centre.

As we entered, I took my time to look at my surroundings. The exhibition centre was huge. It was my first time here. I look at awe at the surroundings, the centre interior was extravagant and it consists of mostly white and gray.

I didn't notice where Jared was taking me because I was too busy admiring the interior. But he seems to know where he was going and I trusted him.

Jared footsteps stopped suddenly and I followed.  We stood a few distance away from an exhibition hall entrance with the big letters saying Exhibition A18 at the top. I could see crowds of people going in.

Too many people.
I wanted to hide.
Why is he bringing me here?

Those thoughts were circling in my head. My palms got even sweatier than before. Why is he still holding my hand?

Wait. He was holding my hand?

My thoughts were interrupted when his soothing voice started to say, "are you okay Rose?"

How can I be okay?

There were so many people. I don't want them to criticise my appearance.

Without saying anything back to him, I slowly detached my hand from his. He looked down to our separated hands and a frown started to show on his face but then it replaced with concerned.

"I'm fine," reassuring him, "But can I ask, what are we doing here?" I asked again as this was my main concern since we step foot in here.

After hearing that I was fine, he responded to me by saying something that I never thought he would bring me to.

"We are attending a fashion show."

Say what?

----------------------------------------------------

Hello my beloved TPAS readers,

I'm back with another update. So what do you guys think? Why is Jared bringing Rose to a fashion show?

Same as always if anyone has something to share about their acne worries, feel free to comment and we can all share ideas on how to deal with acne ❤️

Remember to like, vote and comment🌹

--A

The "Perfect" Acne Storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें