🌹Seven 🌹

I was drag away by Jared like a mad woman on the run. He was leading me with a fast pace as we passed the school hallways, making me struggled to follow up with his foot steps. My right hand that Jared was firmly gripping appears to be suffocating and sweating like the flow of river because my hands sweat easily. I actually feel a bit embarrassed by the fact that Jared was holding onto my sweaty hands and I want to let it go.

"Stop." I demanded but Jared ignored me as he continued to drag me around the school.

I tried hard to stop him by not moving a few times hoping that the friction between the floor and the rubber bottom of my sneakers will officially stop him from pulling me forward. Unfortunately, the rubber with designs at the bottom part to my sneakers have been worn out and I am sliding gracefully as he pulls me along getting a few curious looks from some students.

"Jared, Stop. Stop." I decided to try my luck again while tugging at his hand hoping this time he would listen. I knew Jared heard me loud and clear, to be honest I was a bit pissed that he didn't stop when I ordered him to. Now, he was still striding forward with me behind him.

Suddenly, he stop in front of a door. I managed to catch a glimpse of the sign at the top of the door writing in bold letters 'Art Room' before he opened it and pull me inside. Luckily there wasn't anyone in the room as we entered. Jared still not letting go of my hand, shut and lock the door behind him. He was studying me with scrutinize eyes which made me uncomfortable,I quickly bow my head like a sort of reflex.

In the empty class room our breathing can be heard clearly but Jared's seems to be a little hard as he was almost running when he drag me away from Melissa, even I can hear the sound of my heart beating through my ears. Both of us were just standing opposite to each other not saying anything. I thought about a century had pass when he finally made the decision to speak.

"Are you okay Rose?" he questioned softly while making small circles on my right hand.

The circles he is making sends a tingling feeling on my skin, it is soothing at the same time making my heart fluttered resulting a flush crepting up my face. Why am I feeling like this all of a sudden, it was making me uneasy. Instead of responding, I said,"Jared, you can let go of my hand now."

"Oh, sorry. I didn't notice I was still holding your hand." eventhough I can't clearly see him because I had my head down I knew he was startled as he quickly let go of my sweaty hand, I wondered if he was blushing red now just like me and I have an urged to see it .

"It's okay," I reassured him. Silence again resurfaced in the unoccupied art classroom, since I wasn't still facing him I managed to catch his reaction by looking at his lean legs, they were fidgeting . It seems to me Jared doesn't know what to do next. Mentally sighing, I came to a conclusion to kill this silence between us.

Slightly lifting my head up, I came face to face with Jared ," You know...about just now, thank you for helping me. But, you shouldn't really come in between my problems Jared, it will definitely hurt your reputation in this school."

Jared's lips were turned into a tight line showing me he disapproved of what I had mentioned before opening them again ," What are you saying Rose?" he paused for a moment looking at me with gentle eyes," Of course I will help you when you are in trouble."

I shook my head telling him, "Jared, I'm telling you to stay away from me. I don't need your pity."

"That's nonsense, I'm just looking out for a friend . Besides I couldn't stand seeing you being push around and do nothing about it. I care about you. Why do you keep trying to push me away Rose?" he said painfully as if I had pierce an arrow through his heart.