Chapter Fourteen

I looked out the window as the sun started rising and Elijah says, "We are almost there." I kept looking out the window, and I saw him pull onto a dirt road. He started driving up a hill, and the car's engine started making a weird noise. When he reached the top, the road evened out again, and I saw an enormous house. I sat up straighter in my seat as I looked at the fountain in the middle of the driveway.

"Who owns this house?"

I looked at Elijah. "I do."

"How many houses do you own?"

I looked at him as he thought about it for a second before he looked at me. "Seven." My jaw dropped as I looked at him and I didn't even want to know the answer to my next question.

"How many cars do you own?"

He laughs, and says, "More than I can count." I shook my head at him before I looked back at the house. I saw it disappear as he pulled into the garage with all the expensive-looking cars. I shook my head again as he got out of the car and came to open my door.

"You weren't kidding about the cars."

He laughs and says, "No, I wasn't." I looked around one more time before I followed him over to the door. He put in a code and did a facial recognition.

A voice came on the speakers. "Welcome back, Elijah Luciano." I heard the door unlock, and I watched as he opened it.

He took my hand, and we walked into the house. Then he opened another door with his hand print. "Ladies first." I walked into the room and I looked back at him as he closed the door. He walked over to me and I looked at him while he looked at everyone else. When he finally looked at me he had a smile on his face. "This is my family."

Some guy passed by and says, "Hey Elijah." Then he stopped walking, and he turned back around slowly. I watched as he put his fingers in his mouth and whistled. The entire house got quiet as everyone looked at him. Then they looked at us, and everyone started shouting.

 I watched as they all tried to hug Elijah and some of them called him by his name. Others called him Luciano, and I also heard someone call him Don. A few minutes later, he pulled me towards him. "Guys I want you to meet Melody. Melody meet the guys."

"Nice to meet you." They started introducing themselves to me, but I couldn't keep up with the names. Then out of nowhere I heard someone call my name. Everyone moved out of the way and I looked over at the person. When my eyes hit Kevin and Marissa I looked at Elijah.

I didn't have time to say anything to him because Marissa hugged me. "How are you?" I took her daughter out of her hands and hugged her.  I kissed  Mary's cheek and gave her back to her mother.

"I can't complain." I hugged Kevin and took his son out of his hands. I kissed Benjamin's cheek and gave him back to his father.

I looked at Elijah and he says, "Come, I need you to meet some other people."

"Okay." As we walked through the house, he told me what each room is.

The first room that we were in is the foyer, there are three kitchens, a living room, a meeting room and two offices. We walked to one of the office, and I saw Dominic Romano's name on the door. He knocked before he opened the door and walked right in. The guy behind the desk looked up, and I saw his eyes light up. He got up from behind the desk and walked over to us.

I noticed that he is the same height as Elijah and they both looked hot as hell. I wondered if all Italian men looked this good. I didn't realize that they were talking until Elijah turned to me. He looks at me and he says, "Melody, this is my right-hand man Dominic Romano. Dominic, this is Melody Caitlyn Rose."

When he put out his hand, I put mine in his and he brought it up to his lips. "It's nice to meet you, Ms. Rose. I've heard so much about you." Then he kissed my hand before he let go of it.

"It's nice to meet you too, Mr. Romano, and please call me Melody."

He smiles as he says, "Melody and you can call me Dominic or Dom." He looked at me for a few more minutes before he turned to Elijah. "So, what's going on?"

He walked over to the couch, and we followed him. He pulled over a chair, and he sat down while we sat on the couch. Elijah looks at me, and he sighs. "We eliminated Fernando and his men, but now Lorenzo is after her. I don't know who else will come and try to take her. I need to keep her safe and I thought it was time that I got the family to help."

Before we can continue someone knocks on the door and Dominic says, "Come in."

A tall guy with blonde hair and blue eyes walked in and says, "Vincenzo and his men are here."

Elijah stood up and says, "Thank you." He put out his hand for me, and I took it. Then he looked at Dominic. "I'll fill you in later." Dominic nods as he stood up, and he followed us out the room.

I could feel his eyes on my ass and when I turned to look back at him he smiled at me. I saw him playing with something on his left hand. I turned back around when we walked out the front door. We met Vincenzo and Angelo halfway and Elijah says, "Thank you for coming."

Vincenzo smiles and says, "I already told you that when a Luciano calls, we will come to help." He looks at me for a few minutes. "Ms. Rose, it's good to see you again."

"It's good to see you too, Mr. De Santos, and please call me Melody."

He smiles more, and he says, "Call me Vince. Mr. De Santos makes me feel old."

"I didn't mean to make you feel old. My mother raised me to respect people older than me."

He took my hand. "Your mother is a very smart woman. How is she doing?"

"I haven't seen her since before all of this started."

His smile drops as he says, "You should call and check on her."

"She just lost her husband and if this doesn't end, she may never see me again. I'm still trying to handle all of this and I know she won't be able to either."

He looks at me. "When you talk to her, can you tell her to call me?"

Angelo laughs and says, "He wants to talk to her, so he can jerk off to her voice." I saw Vincenzo blush, but he never looked away from me.

Vincenzo smiles as he looks over at Angelo. "I'm not the only one who jerks off to someone's voice." They looked at Elijah, and he looks away from them. When they looked at me I started feeling weird about where this conversation is going.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

Dominic laughs and says, "Have you ever played with yourself while thinking about someone?"

"No."

Elijah laughs and says, "Why are you lying?"

"How would you know if I'm lying or not?" I looked at him, but he said nothing. "I've done none of that because I've never had a boyfriend before."

Angelo perks up and he says, "Wait, so you and Elijah never had sex?"

Elijah cuts in and says, "Mind your own business."

Angelo laughs as he says, "I'll take that as a yes." They looked at me, and I just looked away from them.

"Do guys always sit around and gossip about how many women they slept with?"

Dominic laughs and says, "It's the only thing we can do."

Angelo cuts in and says, "We won't sit around and talk about how sexy another man is or what color to paint our nails."

"Is that what you think us women do?" They all nod at me. "Well, I'm neither going to confirm nor deny that." I looked at Elijah, and he smiles at me. "I'm starving."