Chapter 26: Girl Time

Start from the beginning

He turns the phone and shows her the image—a very blatant piece from their accidental snuggle party—and she whimpers as she buries her face in her hands. That's all it takes for the four brothers to lapse into laughter.

As if summoned by the wolf mutant's distress, Destiny's phone buzzes from where she left it near the TV. She dives for the device and opens it in a hurry. A text from April brightens up her screen and her life in a few seconds.

A: Hey, wanna hang out today? School let out early and I've got some free time.

D: Probably.

A: Everything okay over in the boy lair?

D: They're obnoxious at best. I could use girl time.

A: Oh my gosh, same. Irma has been driving me crazy.

Destiny shakes her head, exhaling heavily through her nostrils in amusement. Irma is one of April's human friends and, according to what April has said about the girl in question, she's...eccentric and slightly annoying. She's like a fountain of trivial facts that no one really needs to know, yet she blesses them with the knowledge anyways.

D: I'll meet you at your place?

A: Cool! See you in a few!

D: See ya :)

Destiny shuts off the phone, turning back to the turtles as she straightens up. They've stopped laughing, although their faces are still teasing.

"April wants to hang out, and I'm going," she announces, mentally preparing for the responses.

Sure enough, the smiles fall and Leonardo pipes up with a stern reminder of, "You aren't supposed to leave the lair."

She crosses her arms over her chest. "Please? It'll only be April's house...can't I go?"

The turtles glance at each other. Destiny starts planning an escape plan instantly.

"Let her go, dudes." Michelangelo grins. "It's April. She'll be fine."

More questioning looks between one another. After a moment or two, Donatello nods. Raphael agrees with his own assertive nod, making Leonardo sigh. Destiny's lips twitch upwards as her green eyes widen slightly.

"Fine," Leonardo says to her. He takes a few steps closer, aiming his finger at her. "Just call if anything goes wrong, alright?"

"Deal!" she agrees heartily. She throws her arms around his neck, hugging him tightly as she grins. "Thank you so much, Leo."

She sprints from the lair with her t-phone in hand, hardly stopping to scream out a goodbye to the others. Leonardo stares after her, his green skin becoming red-tinted for the umpteenth time since he woke up this morning, and his brothers proceed to whistle and croon out "ooooooo" while making kissing noises.

----------

"April? Hey, it's me!" Destiny whispers, tapping rapidly on the redhead's window. "Remember, it's daytime? The longer I'm out here the easier—"

The window flies open, revealing April, who promptly ushers the mutant inside. Shutting the window again, she turns around and greets her friend with a smile.

"Hey, glad you could make it," she says.

"Me too," Destiny admits, raking her fingers through her hair.