XLII. Unknown Pasts

I walked along a dark corridor. It reminded me of Exegol. Upon closer inspection, I realized that was exactly where I was. I walked forward before colliding into someone. It was Rey, staring at a scene before her. She was looking at the Sith throne, and perhaps the ones on it. My cousin sat there as a cloaked figure sat on his lap, draping their legs across the other arm of the throne. I soon realized he was caressing this person and kissing them deeply and passionately. Then they stopped. The figure sat up straighter. Then out of nowhere another dark cloaked cultist walked up with a silver platter with a dome covering the plate.

"Dinner is here, Emperess." Ben said very monotone. The figure, which I now saw as a woman, reached out her hand and lifted the dome to reveal my own head sitting on the plate. The woman turned and pushed back her hood. The woman had Rey's face with only yellow eyes.

"What? Jealous?" She said smiling with her sharp teeth. She hissed.

I awoke with a start in the cockpit of Ochi's ship. I noticed Poe was too busy flying to notice me. I stood up and walked around until I saw Rey. Staring at her own hand. Finn was comforting her.

"It wasn't your fault." He said. "It was." Rey corrected. He was right mostly, but why did she even have that power in the first place? Only ancient Sith like Count Dooku or Darth Sidious could have that power. "No. It was Ren. He made you do it." Finn said. I just shook my head. "Chewie's gone. That power came from me." She said. She then noticed me. "Finn, there are things you don't know." "Then tell me." He said. Rey paused to take a shaky breath. I walked hop to her and grabbed her hand. She jerked away. BB-8, who had just rolled in, swirled up to look at her.

"I had a vision. Of the throne of the Sith. And who was on it." Rey began. "Ren?" Finn asked. "And me. They served us Lillian's head on a platter." "It was terrifying." I said. We all sat down. Finn opened his mouth to speak as Poe walked in.

" We've only got 8 hours left. So, what are we gonna do?" Poe asked. I wasn't even sure. "What can we do?" Finn asked "We got to go back to base." "We can't give up now. Do we even have time to do that?" I said. "We don't" Poe answered. "If we do that, Chewie died for nothing." "Poe, Chewie had the dagger!" "Well, then we gotta find another way." "The dagger was the only clue we had to the wayfinder and it's gone." I said.

"So true. The inscription lives only in my memory now." C3P0 said. Our heads all turned to him. "Hold on." Poe said. "The inscription that was on the dagger is in your memory?" The droid turned to face us. "Yes, Master Poe. But the translation from a forbidden language cannot be retrieved. That is short of a complete redacted memory bypass." The droid added. "A memory wipe?" I suggested. "It's a terribly dangerous and sinful act performed on unwitting droids by dregs and criminals." 3P0 said.

"Let's do that!" Finn gladly suggested. I was flabbergasted. So was the droid. "I know a black market droidsmith." Poe added. "But he's on Kijimi." He threw his head back in annoyance. "What's wrong with Kijimi?" I asked. "I had a little bad luck on Kijimi. "Poe said. But if this mission fails, it's all been for nothing. All we've done, all this time." Finn stood. "We're all in this." He said glancing at me and Rey. "Until the end." Rey stood, taking his hand. I stood taking hers.

"For Chewie." She nodded. "Hands?" Poe asked taking Finn's other hand. "Hands." Finn said. Then 3P0 walked up taking Poe's hand. The droid just had to ruin the moment. We broke apart and Poe and Finn headed to the cockpit.

...

I decided to wait with Rey. I then heard BB-8 beep excitedly with an unknown mechanical voice. I heard a squeak as a set of droids rolled up to us. The new droid was green and white with a cone shaped head and it's body just a squeaky wheel. Rey smiled and reached out a hand.