XIV. Love in the Resistance

"Lillian." another voice said. I jumped. I turned and saw Poe and Finn. "We found something." Poe said. "About where she may be." I nodded and caught my breath and followed them back to the control room. Finn eyed me. "You good?" He asked as we walked in. "Yes." I lied. I specifically saw Leia glance at me before turning her attention to Poe.

The room was filled with a hologram of the surface of Starkiller base. "The scan data from Snap's reconnaissance flight confirms Finn's report." Poe said. "They've somehow created a hyper light speed weapon built within the planet itself." I guessed who to be Snap said. "A laser cannon?" someone guessed. "We're not sure how to describe a weapon of this scale." Snap said. "It's another Death Star." someone said in fear. A strange chill ran down my spine.

"I wish that were the case Major." Poe said. He activated another projection. "This was the death star." Another, larger projection, nearly identical, appeared beside it. "And this is Starkiller Base." Everyone was stunned. "So it's bigger." I said. "How is is possible to power a weapon this size?" The famed Admiral Ackbar asked. "It uses the power of the sun. As the weapon is charged, the sun is drained until it disappears." Finn said. Then Leia was handed something.

"The First Order." She said. "They're charging the weapon again, now. Our system is the next target." "Without the Republic fleet, we're doomed." C3P0 said. "Didn't you guys blow up the Death Stars?" I asked. "So how do we do that? There's always a way to do that." Han said.

"Lillian's right." Leia said. "In order for that amount of power to be contained, that base would need some kind of thermal oscillator." An officer said. "There is one." Finn said. How convenient. Finn zoomed in to a shape within the Starkiller hologram. It was the oscillator.

"If we can destroy that oscillator, it might destabilize the core and cripple the weapon." The officer said. "Maybe the planet." another added.

"We'll do in there and we'll hit oscillator with everything we got." "They have defensive shields that our ships cannot penetrate." Ackbar added. "We disable the shields" Han suggested. He looked to Finn. "Kid, you worked there, what do you got?" "I can do it." Finn said. "You know I'm in." I said. We really needed to get Rey back. She was important to the cause. If only she could look past Jakku and her family.

"I like them." Han said. "I can disable the shields. But I have to be there, on the planet." Finn said. "Rey's there as well. I can feel it." I said. "We'll get you both there." Han said. "Han, how?" Leia asked. "If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Her husband replied. Leia sighed.

"So we disable the shields, take out the oscillator and we blow up their big gun." Poe said. Wow he was hot. "Let's go."

...

Poe patted Finn's shoulder as he moved to the x-wing. 

I had never felt this way about someone before

I had never felt this way about someone before. "You like him don't you?" Finn asked as we bagged supplies. "Like who?" I asked. "Poe. You did save his life." he said. "No way." I lied. "He's too old for me and Rey will want to go to Jakku anyway." I said. "You guys can separate, go on your own path like I did." Finn said.

"If it makes a difference." Han said sneaking up behind us. "Leia and I are 10 years apart and she still loves me." Han said looking back at Leia. They obviously did. They had a child, a life together. "By the way, be careful with those. They're explosives." Han said. "Now you tell me." Finn sassed back.

"You know." Leia said making my head shoot up. Her attention was on Han. "No matter how much we fought, I always hated watching you leave." "That's why I did it. So you'd miss me." Aww. She moved closer to him. "I did miss you." She said. Han looked at her with love. "It wasn't all bad was it. Some of it was good." "Pretty good." She said. "Some things never change." Han replied. "True, you still drive me crazy." Leia laid her head on his chest as Han held her close. Leia looked up. "If you find our son again, bring him home." Han nodded. Finn caught me looking and listening in on their conversation.

"Stop it." He said as we gathered the explosives. And boarded the Falcon. Han was right behind. We were going to save Rey.