XXXIX. Names

"I know how to get to Exegol." Rey said as soon as we were alone. "Tell me." Aunt Leia said quickly. "Your brother searched for it for a long time, he nearly found it." Rey then looked at the page in the texts. "There are deciphers here I can't read. But her said to get there you need one of these. A sith wayfinder." She turned the book so we could see the illustration she was pointing to. Ben had one just like it. We could steal it from him.

"They're compasses that lead the way to Exegol." Rey said before turning to face a very upset Leia. "This is to stop what is coming." I reassured her. "Lillian and I need to finish what Luke started. Find Exegol, find the emperor."

"No." Leia simply said. "I don't want to go without your blessing, but we will." Rey spoke ignoring Leia's disappointed stare. To her I was her niece but Rey was the daughter she had always needed.

"We will." Rey said again. "It's what you would do." Leia said nothing. We both knew Rey was right.

...

The following day, I put on the clothes I wore the day before and quietly left the room, careful not to disturb Poe. I ran to the Falcon with my blaster and Dad's lightsaber and helped Rey finish up the work.

"Got it up and running, ladies." I head Poe say as we turned to see him and Finn. "I was right before. We're going to pick up where Luke left off. We are going to find Exegol picking up where Luke left off. In the forbidden desert of Pasanna."

"Oh we know." Poe said smacking her arm. "That's why we're going with you." Poe said as he, Finn, BB-8, Chewie, and C3P0 began to get ready to board. I happily went to help them after I saw Rey grab Finn as he walked by. Only Lilly and I are going." Rey said to him.

"We are friends." Finn said. "It's too dangerous Finn." She reiterated. "We go together." Poe said as Chewie let out an approved roar. BB-8 happily chirped.

"I wholeheartedly agree." 3P0 said as we looked at Rey again. She smiled and nodded, allowing us to finish packing.

...

I followed Finn and gathered supplies around the base. Suddenly Rose was in front of us. "Are you sure you don't want to come?" I asked her. "Last chance." Finn added. "The falcon's too full already. And besides, Leia asked me to study old star destroyers. So we can stop the fleet before they arrive." Rose and Finn stared at each other, too afraid to get too close after their break up."Yeah, when?" Finn asked, breaking the silence. "When?" Rose asked. "When." Finn said as he walked past her to the ship. I hung back. Rose looked at me expectantly.

"Keep an eye on Leia for me." I told her. "I fear with the emperor's return, this may take a toll on her." Rose nodded. "I'll let you know Skygal." Rose said with a smile before running off, to begin studying.

I made my way back to the ship, overhearing 3P0 speak to R2.

"You have been a real friend Artoo. My best one in fact." He said before moving as fast as he could to the ship. I saw Rey and Leia speaking. I caught bits of their conversation as I approached.

"There's so much I want to tell you." Rey said to her. Leia smiled fondly. "Tell me when you get back." She said, handing Rey our family's lightsaber. Rey took it from her. Rey would give Leia his saber after each training session. I didn't want it, having my father's. Leia wanted it to remember her brother, even though she could feel him with the force. I smiled at them and Leia pulled us both into a hug.

"My girls" Leia said. "Never be afraid of who you are." We let go and boarded the ship as Rey wiped her eyes. Rey settled into the captain seat as Chewie sat in his usual spot beside her. Poe and Finn sat behind them while I hung onto the back of the seat when we took off.