Apologize

Dan walked over to Phil's room and knocked on the door while sobbing uncontrollably. "Please Phil, let me explain." Dan heard footsteps and heard the door swing open. There stood Phil looking down and quickly going back to sit on his bed. Dan walked in and sat on the bed next to him wiping his tears off his cheeks.

"Why?" Phil looked blankly at the ground while asking Dan this simple yet difficult question. "I guess I felt lonely." Dan was looking at Phil with sadness in his eyes. Phil sighed and lied down on his bed. Phil's long sleeve shirt rolled up and Dan's face was shocked. "Ph-Phil. Are those...?" Phil quickly jumped up and pulled down his sleeves and looked down ashamed. Phil never wanted Dan to find out, maybe Dan would pity him. Dan took Phil's hand and held it tightly. "Please, lets go out tonight and I'll explain to you everything." Dan pleaded to Phil who seemed embarrassed. Phil pulled away from Dan and agreed and left the room with nothing else to say. Dan sat there hoping everything will be ok. He got up and looked for Phil. He went to the bathroom and Dan stood outside listening. Phil was taking a shower so Dan decided to freshen up. Dan got his only tuxedo and put it on hoping he looked really fancy. Phil got out of the shower and pulled on his lion shirt and black skinny jeans. He messed with his hair so it laid perfectly across his forehead. Phil felt tonight would be awkward the friendship they had would be misunderstanding all the time. Dan was in his room when Phil walked in. Phil's jaw dropped instantly once he saw Dan in a tux.

"Um...I'm gonna go change now," Phil said bringing to walk out Dan's room to change into a fancier outfit but he felt a warm hand on his forearm. "Why? I love that shirt on you." Dan smiled at Phil hoping he said that in a seductive voice. Phil instantly turned red and looked down agreeing that he wouldn't change. They both walked out into the living room. Phil looked at the clock. It was 3:54. Phil turned to Dan in a worried expression. "What's wrong Phil?" Phil looked at Dan and grabbed the keys and ran out the door yelling to him, "Hurry up and get in the car! We have to go!" Dan looked at himself in the mirror one more time and ran out the door. "Things will be better," Dan thought to himself.