Hospital

Eyes burning, face red, and sniffling was all to describe Dan at the moment. Walking in on your best friend and love of your life, trying to commit suicide is the worst. Dan was now sitting in the corner of the waiting room, straddling his legs, rocking back and forth in the small chair. He was scared, confused, yet he had hope Phil would live. He knew Phil had been depressed, but Dan didn't know it was coming back. Dan checked his phone. 12:16. Dan wasn't even tired, he needed to know if his Lion was okay.

"Dan Howell?" Dan heard his name and jumped up. The doctor was scared from the sudden boy appearing in front of him. Suddenly, the doctor's face changed. "Please follow me," the doctor said with sadness in his voice. Dan was starting to get nervous.

Dan followed the doctor to the front of a door. Dan didn't know who was in there but he had a feeling it was Phil. The doctor sighed, "Phil is fine, but he almost died. We had a 20% chance of saving him, and surprisingly we did. He has been awake for an hour now but won't stop crying. We thought you could talk to him, telling him it's ok and he's safe." Dan was now bawling. He was so happy yet terrified. He wanted to see his Phil as soon as he can. Dan nodded and the doctor opened the door. Dan was slow entering, not wanting to disturb Phil too much. He was reading a magazine, tears filling his ocean blue eyes.

Phil was like a piece of art. Dan was stunned and amazed to finally see him. Phil looked up from his magazine, yet to have a terrifying look on his face. It's like he had seen a hideous monster. And that monster, was Dan.

"Ph-Phil, I'm so happy your okay!" Dan started to walk next to his bed but stopped suddenly. Phil's eyes were pouring down tears. Dan stood there confused. "Wh-what's wrong Phil?" Phil looked at him like he was stupid. "Are you serious? What are you gonna do now? Actually kill me this time since you don't care if I die?" Dan froze as he looked at the pale boy. "What could you possibly mean? I'm not going to kill you, and that's why I'm here, because I care so much if you die." Dan was panicking now. Phil just looked at him with pain. "Then explain the freakin text you sent me!" Phil was screaming with anger and sadness. Dan looked around, making sure no one noticed Phil and how crazed he looks right now.

"What text?" Dan whispered trying not to gain attention. Phil looked at Dan with pain and anger as he told him word for word the text 'Dan' sent him. Dan was shocked, he checked his phone to see no text of the sort. Dan was now crying silently looking down at his phone confused. 'How would I ever say such a thing, I didn't say that," Dan thought to himself.

Then, it hit him. PJ. He seemed tense once he got back from his room. His phone was misplaced. Dan was finally connecting the dots. "That-that wasn't me Phil, I swear. It was PJ. He sent it to you when I was gone." Dan had guilt written on his face. Why did he ever agree to hang out alone with that green-eyed devil? Phil sat there with a blank expression on his face. "Why? Why would he send that? Why would you hang out with him? Why are you excusing him?" Phil sounded emotionless. Dan held his head down, "I don't know anymore. I just don't. I fuck up everything and I almost lost the only person I care about. That just explains how worthless I am. Also, I need to talk to PJ." Phil's eyes widen as Dan was talking smack about himself and how he was going to talk to PJ. "Dan, that's not true! You are so important and you deserve a life. Your not worthless at all, but...why would you talk to PJ if he sent that? He clearly likes you Dan. Enough to trick me that you wanted to break up," Phil trailed off. Dan had little light in his eyes as he held his head up to look at the beautiful boy in front of him. Yet, that went away quickly. "Why can't you say that stuff about you?" Phil was shocked at Dan's response. "This isn't about me." Dan sighed, "Yes! Yes it is! Phil you almost died! And I'm so stupid enough to not notice! You deserve to live you aren't worthless. Phil I'm so sorry." Phil had never been happy this much in his life. Although, it wasn't that long ago that he almost committed suicide from 'Dan' (PJ), he was happy he was alive with him, Dan Howell.

Dan rushed to Phil's bed and climbed on top. Phil put his hands on Dan's waist as Dan sobbed into Phil's chest. "It's ok Dan, but what about...PJ?" He hated to bring up the subject but he had to know before he could hold Dan with all his love. "I'm gonna beat the shit out of him," Dan said into Phil's chest while Phil giggled a little. "No, I'm going to talk to him. Tell him to get out of my life. He's caused too much trouble." Phil nodded to himself. Hoping nothing bad will happen when he talks to PJ. Phil continued to hold onto Dan as he was laying on him. It felt good to hold someone and know this is the person I love, and will love forever.

"Dan, I want to be honest with you. I don't like PJ. I don't trust him. And you will have to gain my complete trust again. It's hard to trust someone after this happened." Dan looked at Phil, more tears streaming down his face. "I will Phil, I love you and I'm so sorry." Phil pulled Dan into a loving hug. He loves Dan but his trust for him went down. It's silly though, Phil knows Dan will get his trust back. Phil isn't too worried. The only thing he is worried about is PJ.

They stayed cuddled up against each other for the rest of the night. Falling asleep to each other's heartbeat. Dan was glad he could hear his love's heart, knowing he might not have been able to a couple hours ago. Dan was going to fix everything, he has to.