23 ◉Proposal & Conflict

Start from the beginning

'Miss. Alina Hooda, will you be my girlfriend?' Haider popped the question. Alina stood numb and stared stupidly at him. She was speechless. But Haider remained patient. After a few moments, Asmat urged her daughter.

Khalid interrupted her, - 'It is okay, Alina. Take your time. No pressure.' He said, softly. Haider passed a quick glare at him and then looked back at Alina.

Alina hadn't imagined someone like Haider will be kneeling in front of her with a ring in his hand. It was supposed to be romantic; she was to be living a fantasy now. Yet she was dressed in her pajamas, with her hair all over her face, puffy eyes when the man of her fantasy was proposing her.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, she looked at him. He was still kneeling in the same posture. She licked her lips and nodded, - 'Yes, Haider.' She looked up at her parents. Asmat clapped in delight and Khalid smiled warmly at his daughter. Alina was relieved that her parents gave a nod to him.

Haider smiled to himself. When Alina looked at him, he adjusted his smile. Then, he plucked out the ring and forwarded it to her. Asmat clicked photos with zeal in the background as Haider brought the ring to Alina's ring finger.

'May I?' He looked at her.

She nodded, - 'Yes.' She breathed. Alina could barely keep herself from not smiling. Asmat looked at her husband and frowned upon seeing him wipe tears from the corner of his eyes.

'Happy tears, silly.' He chuckled.

After dinner, Haider and Alina walked along the pavement leading to the main gate. Alina folded her arms and kept smiling to herself. Haider looked at her, - 'What happened, Miss. Alina?' She looked back and recollected out loud about the night he had come to her apartment and she had been overly dressed. This time, she was dressed like a duffer.

Haider stopped walking and she paused as well. He held her shoulder and gazed into her eyes, - 'No matter how you are dressed or not.' – he winked at her and her mouth slightly hung open, - 'you will always look ravishing.'

He hooked his fingers under her chin and raised her face. Alina looked down as he leaned towards her. He admired her from close and softly kissed her forehead. She gasped inaudibly and closed her eyes tightly. She felt her breathing quickening upon feeling him so close to her. She could feel the warmth of his body and his musky cologne tantalize her.

Alina was relieved when she felt him move back. Slowly, she opened her eyes and her gaze met Haider's gaze. Keeping eye contact, he slid his palm through the length of her arm and held her palm in a gentle yet authoritative grip.

'I love you, Miss. Alina.' – He pushed a strand of hair from her face, - 'Very much.' He sighed. She smiled, lowering her gaze.

With her hand in his, Haider leaned and kissed her forehead again. Alina smiled at his gesture. Then, they parted and silently, hand in hand, walked towards the main gate.

Haider didn't want to let go of her but unwillingly did. The hotel cab had come for him. They bid good-bye as he got into the cab. As Haider's car drove away, Alina let out a deep breath. She was unsure if she had hurriedly accepted his proposal. His proposal was more enticing than Mikael. But she feels differently about Mikael than Haider. Honestly, she doesn't have romantic feelings for either of them. So, her heart can't decide which man she should select. She looked at her ring. The conflicting feeling rising in her heart and she could feel her chest getting heavy.

 The conflicting feeling rising in her heart and she could feel her chest getting heavy

Oh, Haider!!! You don't drug your lover and her family, dude. It is just so wrong *facepalm*

And I know what you did there, proposing her in front of her parents so that out of embarrassment she doesn't give much thought and accept your proposal

And I know what you did there, proposing her in front of her parents so that out of embarrassment she doesn't give much thought and accept your proposal. You are cunning, dude *winks*

So, my lovelies how was the Chapter? Drop your thoughts in the comments, please*Muaaah* and Stay tuned for the next update *lots of love* *hugs and kisses*

Precap: Same, last one