1◉ Infinite Dreams

Hi, guys! I am back

It rained heavily as a young woman made her way towards the bus stand

It rained heavily as a young woman made her way towards the bus stand. Bangalore's weather was unpredictable, it was sunshine one time and at one place while rain and windy in the other. Alina mentally cursed herself as she recollected her mother's advice to take an umbrella with her. There was no point lamenting or cussing now as she was completely drenched. She stood at the bus stand, shivering and rubbing her arms with her palms.

Soon, the bus arrived, and people began toppling out of it and many more began stuffing themselves inside. Alina squeezed her way into the bus, her heart skipped a beat as she missed a step. She pulled her jute handbag close and gripped on the handle hanging from the ceiling.

I wish I had my own car. Hopefully, with the money, I should be getting from the internship I can afford a scooter. If I do the math right – She was mentally calculating when a man behind her almost fell over her. His hand lingered over the side of the waist for a little longer than needed. Alina frowned and jabbed him in the guts with her elbow. He winced and she smirked. Then, she turned and glared at him while he muttered an apology and took a step back. She looked front again, - I hate being poor - She complained in her thoughts.

TING-TONG!

Alina stood outside the two BHK apartment and bounced on her heels restlessly until the door opened. A woman smiled at her but before she could greet her, Alina dashed inside.

'Hey, Alina. Where is my greeting?' The middle-aged woman complained.

'Hi, Mom.' Alina shouted from behind her shoulder as she scurried into her room. Her mother clicked her tongue in agitation, her knuckles on her waist.

Alina threw her bag on her bed and hurried to the study table. She almost fell from the wheeled chair but grabbed the table for balance. Her fingers trembled as she switched on the PC. With her eyes, she scanned the screen as she moved the cursor carefully. She clicked on the mail and leaned back. Her heartbeat slowly increased as she clicked on the first mail from Infinite Designs.

She bit her thumbnail as she read her mail. She read and re-read her mail. A slow smile appeared on her lips and she yelped jumping down the chair with her arms up in the air. Her shriek alerted everyone in her home. Within minutes, her mother looking pale appeared at the door and glanced worriedly around her daughter's room. She gasped with her palm over her chest upon seeing Alina happily dancing in the room. She spotted her mother at the door and hurried to her, grabbed her arms twirling them around. Her mother cried with fear. Alina let go of her and she twirled on spot.