22 ◉Family & Cousins

Khalid was worried about Haider's health while Asmat was excited to have Haider Minhas Zaidi at her home

Khalid was worried about Haider's health while Asmat was excited to have Haider Minhas Zaidi at her home. The father-daughter duo made him sit on the sofa and Alina rushed to get a glass of water for him. Haider's hand trembled as he grabbed the glass and gulped it down. Khalid patted his shoulder, looking concerned.

'Are you, okay, beta?' He asked.

'I am—fine, sir.' Haider replied placing the glass on the coffee table. He sighed and leaned back with his eyes closed.

Asmat asked Alina to make Haider comfortable in her room. Khalid interrupted and suggested Haider would rest in the master bedroom. Alina was relieved because she was sweating like a pig and wanted to take a bath. Mr. Hooda suggested he would help him to the room, but Haider refused,

- 'Just tell me where the room is, Sir. You needn't trouble yourself.' He said politely. Khalid nodded and pointed towards the room.

Alina showered and got dressed in white sleeveless long Kurthi with multiple long slits, matched with navy blue jeggings. She buckled her watch, wore her platform heels, and stepped out of her room. Just then, Haider stepped out of the main bedroom. They stopped and looked at each other. Alina noticed he was still dressed in his tracksuits. She smiled at him whilst pushing back her hair from her shoulder.

'Are you alright now, Haider?' She enquired.

Haider smiled, - 'You asked for me. I am much better.' He replied. Alina looked away, pressed her lips, and looked back forcing a smile.

'I didn't know you were so filmy. Or is it just a façade to impress me?' She folded her arms and raised her chin.

Haider chuckled, - 'I don't do facades, Miss. Alina. But let me tell you I am here to prove to you that my love is genuine.' He informed her. Alina was taken aback. A moment later, she sighed.

'Haider, if you are planning to impress me by scaring me to death or by putting yourself in danger, then I am not gonna be impressed.'- she frowned, - 'Why did to you attempt that stunt of coming with me in the elevator. You could have just told me that you were claustrophobic.' She reprimanded him.

Haider admired her authority over him. The way she scolded him made him feel good; strangely. Her genuine concern touched him and reminded him of his father, who used to love him immensely yet be strict with him when he messed up. He wanted to hug her, but he controlled himself.

'Miss. Alina, the more I spend time with you, talk to you, the more I fall in love with you.' He professed. Alina stopped speaking and closed her mouth. She looked away but he kept looking at her.

Their moment was broken by Khalid who unintentionally called for Alina. She turned to look at him. Haider was disappointed.

'Beta, we are going to Apollo hospital to check on my brother. I suggest you—'

'I will go to my hotel room, sir. You needn't worry.' He said. Khalid shook his head.

'No, you misunderstood me. You aren't feeling well and—'