3◉ Gorgeous woman

Banerjee was surprised when Haider showed up at the office

Banerjee was surprised when Haider showed up at the office. He was even more stunned when his boss asked him that he want to meet the interns. Nevertheless, he pushed back his thoughts and got straight into following his orders.

Haider stood against the glass window with his palms into his pocket and kept staring out at the ongoing traffic. Just then, there was a knock at the door, and he turned around to find Banerjee entering the cabin. A small smile crept on his face as he was informed that his orders were done.

Haider adjusted his coat as he entered the board meeting room. The large hall was filled with chairs and interns were seated in the first row. The chattering died out as soon as he came in and everyone stood up. Haider straightened whilst gliding his gaze through the people. His observation stopped at the beautiful young woman he had met earlier. She gulped as their eyes met. To not make things awkward, Haider looked away.

Banerjee asked two peons to get a chair for their boss and he stood beside him as Haider took his seat. The interns too sat along with him. Banerjee cleared his throat and asked the person on the extreme right to start. Haider remained quiet and moved his gaze towards the young confident man who stood up. Luckily, the woman Haider was interested in sat two persons next to him.

'Hello, sir. I am Mikael Jaffery and I have graduated from IIT, Kharagpur.' He informed boldly and sat down. The next person, a girl stood up.

'Good morning, sir. I am Meera Jain and I have graduated from Manipal Institute of Technology.' She said and sat down. From her constant fidgeting with her nails and broken voice, she appeared nervous. The person, a young man stood up next and introduced himself as Ravi from Mumbai.

Haider shifted in his place, moving his leg on top of the other and sat straight watching the young gorgeous woman stand up. She licked her lips and tugged the hem of her grey suit.

'He—hello,' – she gulped, - 'I am Alina, Alina Hooda from—I graduated from Oxford college of engineering, Bangalore.' She said quickly and took her seat. Then, she sighed closing her eyes and shaking her head. Haider eyed her for a second longer before moving his gaze to the next person.

There was a total of ten interns this time. All young and extremely motivated. If they excel in this internship, they would get a permeant job here. Haider noticed the girl, Alina, her eyes widened for a moment and her lips curved into a smile that quickly faded.

▪⎯⎯⎯∞⎯⎯⎯▪

The steams from the hot shower covered the tiles and the life-size mirror in the bathroom. Haider emerged from the bathtub and gasped, running his palms over his hair. He exhaled and rested against the bathtub, resting his arms on the tub and his head against the marble tiles of the bathroom wall. As soon as he closed his eyes, flashes of the beautiful woman he had met today appeared before his eyes. He snapped his eyes open and sat straight.