Chapter 7

Chapter 7

It was tense week. The twins didn't speak to each other. Jayden avoided Sebastian and Jaylen avoided everyone.
"What's up with everyone?" Kevin asked as he stood next to Noah.
"How are you so clueless about everything?" Noah asked.
"Because I'm only focused on you"
"Dont push your luck we just became friends I will downgrade you to nothing again" Noah threatened him with a glare on top.
"I'm sorry please don't make me nothing again" Kevin cried and gave him puppy dog eyes.

"Fine. Leave before I change my mind"
"Yes your highness" Kevin said as he left in a rush.
"Friends?" Jayden asked as he packed his books in his locker.
"The English assignment was englightening and I learnt he wasn't so bad. Only when he starts being flirty does he become annoying"
"Okay. If you say so" Jayden said with a smile.

"What's up for the weekend?" Noah asked.
"Ethan and I are going on a date tomorrow and so that means don't contact me all weekend because we will be busy" Logan said with a mischievous 😏 smile.
"I will be catching up with my favourite dramas" Jayden said and they spoke a bit more before separating and going home. It was Friday so they were all looking forward to the weekend.

Jayden got to the house and decided to start with dinner. He wasn't sure if Jaylen was there but still cooked for two since their father didn't bother to come home. The way he acted you would think he didn't have children to go home to. He was an asshole and Jayden still hated him. He felt bad for leaving Jaylen with him but he didn't have another choice. His mother only gave him one choice. Remembering her brought tears to his eyes. He missed her so much and wished things had turned out differently.

Jaylen arrived a little while later.
"I put your dinner in the over" Jayden said but all Jaylen did was look at him from head to toe before walking.
"How long are you going to be like this Jaylen?" Jayden asked causing his brother to stop and turn back to face him.
"How long are you planning on living here?"
"Do you know what? I'm tired of this shit and of your attitude. You can be mad all you want Jaylen but you still got the better end of the stick"
"Better end. You think leaving me with Dad was better. Now I know you have mental problems. That man has never been a father to me since you abandoned me with him. I have basically been on my own since you left. YOU HAD MOM AND I HAD NOBODY" Jaylen lashed out.

"AT LEAST YOU DIDNT WATCH MOM DIE" Jayden also lashed out in return, "You think I spent my days travelling and having fun. I was basically her nurse... Before I found out dad was cheating on mom I found out she was dying. She had cancer. She was sick. I'm sorry you're mad I broke them apart but she was already suffering so much and dad didn't care. I thought she at least deserved to know. I didn't know they were going to divorce. I didn't want the family to be apart. They was so much I wanted to tell you but mom wouldn't let me. She knew she didn't have much time and wanted to travel do everything she wanted to do before she died. She took me because I knew and she didn't want to worry you. She didn't want to burden you with her sickness. It seemed fine at first but then she got worse real fast and I had to grow up really fast to be with her. I watched her..." Jayden was choked by his own tears.

"I watched her... Die... And they was nothing I could do to save her. I'm sorry I left you Jaylen. I didn't want to but how could I deny our dying mothers wishes. I missed you so much, I missed going to school and having friends and just being a kid. That's why I said you had the better end. Even if dad wasn't there for you you got to live while I put my life on hold for mom. I don't hate her. I would do it again but... It was so hard and painful. I wanted to call you. I needed you so much but you wouldn't speak to me. She wanted to spend her last days with you but you wouldnt take our calls. I didn't blame you but it hurt so much Jaylen and... " Jayden burst into tears as his body collapsed to the ground. He hadn't spoke about it with anyone and so he couldn't control his emotions.

What he didn't expect was for hands to wrap around his shoulders. When he looked up he saw Jaylen also had tears in his eyes.
"I missed you too baby brother. I'm sorry I ignored you. I was so angry you abandoned me and shut you out. I missed you both so much and the minute I heard mom died I broke apart and I didn't know how to handle it. Dad just left me like he didn't care and it hurt so much. He made me so angry but it was wrong for me to let it out on you. Im so sorry Jayden. I love you so much" Jaylen hugged his brother tighter as they cried together. For the past, for their mother and for their mistakes.

°°°°°°°°°°

That was sad to write.

Comments about what just happened?