Chapter 1

Chapter 1

They say living in the city is as good as living in the jungle because even if we now have flashy tech all around us it all still goes down to survival.
Whether you live in the city or not life is tough and its survival of the fittest. It's the same even in college. We join clicks and build a social status all in the name of survival.
No one wants to be the outcast who gets bullied and ignored even if sometimes in the end many people fall into that lifestyle.
Many others do what they can which includes throwing away their values just so that they can hang with the big boys.
But then they are also those who don't even need to put an effort because their looks do all the work for them.

The school entrance opened up as the red haired beauty walked in. Running his fingers through his hair he looks just like a model filming an ad as a few rays of sunlight made him look more than just human.
Some girls took this opportunity to take photos just so they could keep the memory. He knew what was happening around him and so just like other times he smiled at winked at a lucky girl who would scream and get excited like a 5 year old on Christmas day.
He wasn't the only one getting attention.

He was part of the popular crowd and his crew shared similar looks catching a lot of attention.
"Spot any victims for the weekend?" Kevin asked as soon as they got to their Lockers.
"Not sure yet. Feeling like topping so it might be a girl this time" Jaylen responded a little too loud causing many of the females to doll up and try to get his attention.
"Target locked" Kevin said before approaching the male with the heart shaped lips across the hall.
"I bet you $100 he is going to get rejected again" Nathan said finally taking his attention off his phone.
"I totally agree" Jaylen said as they watched their hopeless friend.

He could get anyone he wanted except the student body president Noah.
"Don't you dare take another step near me or this time I will castrate you" Noah said without raising his eyes from his novel.
Jaylen and Nathan had already burst into laughter when he turned around. Kevin gave them the finger before heading to class.
"Lets get to class. I want to get a good seat at the back before Mrs Smarty pants comes for english" Nathan said as he headed the same direction as Kevin.
"I just need to...use the loo. I will catch up with you" Jaylen said and as soon as his friends disappeared he headed to his destination.

Jaylen stood frozen for a few seconds when he saw the tall handsome male who was sorting out books on the library shelf.
He lied. He didn't want his friends to know what he was planning to do because they would definitely judge him. He took a deep breath before approaching the other male.

As soon as the tale male turned and spotted him his smile was replaced with a Frown. Jaylen felt a slight sting in his heart but he quickly brushed it off.
"Hey Seb" he said with a flirty smile.
"Don't call me that" Sebastians voice was deep and he looked annoyed. Jaylen knew it was a hopeless situation but he couldn't just give up right.
"Seb i..."
"Just shut up Jaylen. You lost the right to call me that name the moment you told me it was over" Sebastian lashed out in anger.

Luckily it was still early and so the library was empty.
"Sebastian I'm sorry I..."
"Sorry for what? For breaking up with me for no damn reason? Now that you regret everything doesn't mean I'm willing to let it all go. Now this is the last time I'm saying this. Stay away from me Jaylen. Don't ever call my name or anything close to it and stay out of my face" Sebastian said before he walked out of the library.
Jaylen took a deep breath as he fought the tears that threatened to break through. It was true. He regreted everything. But it was too late. Sebastian hated him now.
He wished things could go back to how they used to be but he had no one to blame but himself. He chose his reputation over his heart and he deeply regretted it.

"Thank you for finally joining us prince charming" Mrs Smart the English teacher said as soon as Jaylen walked in.
"You know I always have to make a grand entrance" Jaylen said with a smile which made all the girls melt. She just ignored him and resumed the lesson as he settled next to Nathan.
"What took you so long?" Nathan asked.
"I was reapplying my eyeliner. You know how much of a perfectionist I am" Jaylen said causing his friend to laugh in agreement.
Honestly Jaylen just wanted to break down but all he could do was put on a heart flattering smile and pretend everything was alright.

After a long day Jaylen was finally able to break free and go home. He tried to get over his recent rejection from his ex but it wasn't that easy.
Jaylen had been rejected by Sebastian plenty of times but somehow this time felt like the last time. It was time for him to accept Sebastian would never take him back and move on. Since he was alone in his car he let the tears flow.
When he finally felt better he wipped his face and cleared up any trace of his emotional breakdown.
He got into the house and was suprised to find his father home.

He was rarely home and Jaylen couldn't help but smile as he saw him. Living in the big house was lonely and he wished his father would give him more attention.
"Good evening dad" Jaylen greeted him with a smile.
"Take a seat Jaylen. We need to talk" he responded and Jaylen realised the frustration and sadness in his fathers eyes.
"What's wrong?" Jaylen asked as he took a seat.
"There is no easy way to say this...your mother...your mother has passed away" he said and at that moment Jaylens walls crashed to the ground.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

What do you think about Jaylen?

I know you have many questions but they will soon be answered.