I walked to the man but Mr. Ron stopped me.

"try to make it the best alright?" he says, i gave him a nod.
in other words, try to behave and not get sent back.

"Mr. Black good doing business" Ron says to the person adopting me.

That's weird, they make it sound like it's some business deal. I'm a human being not some pet.
i internally rolled my eyes, as me and mr.black make our way out the building.

i was going to put my suitcase in the fancy car of mr.black's but, to my surprise, he grabs my suitcases and places it in the trunk.

I've seen those when I was younger, I was always accompanied by my brother.

The thought of my brother made me sad.

But I quickly recovered before Mr. Black came back.

"Let's go" He said and I hopped into the car.
i was happy that he wasn't the overly warm person, who overwhelms you with questions.
so the entire ride to his estate, had been a stuffy silence.

"My wife cannot bare children. I only adopted you because she requested it." He says with a hint of I-don't-care-about-you. wow, so the man actually acknowledges me?

I nodded.

I don't care about you either.

"I will only set a few rules, you will obey them without questions" he begins.

"Rule Number one, Never ever go down in the basement." He says.

Why? Is it because basements are scary? Oooo.

I don't get scared easily.

"Rule number two, you will respect me and the staff members within the manor" he continues.

I kept on nodding.

"Rule number three, You are not allowed interact with members of the opposite gender."

"Rule number four, you are prohibited to swear do drugs and lie." He pauses.

"Now do I make myself clear?" He asks.

I nodded.

"I want verbal words" he said.

"Yes I understand" I replied.

"Good." He turns his attention to his watch.

jeez so many rules? why? he is a distant yet cold man.

we eventually arrived, and the manor was really pretty.

"Albert unpack the young girl's stuff." Mr. Black orders.

I stepped out of the car.

"Alex! You're back!" I heard a woman's voice exclaiming.

I looked towards the direction.

Mr. Black softened up and gave I guess his wife a kiss on the lips. it was the first time i saw him look human,i felt like an intruder so i looked away.

"You must be Olivia!" The woman says coming towards me, i mentally was preparing myself for the overbearing shock.

"I'm so glad you're here. Let me show you to your new room." The woman says.

She's much nicer and friendlier than Mr. Black.

"Mrs. Black do you know where the restroom is?" I asked. I sure hope she did

"Olivia you can call me Vivian! And yes come this way" she directs me to the furthest hallway and there was the big bathroom.

"I'll be out there." Vivian says pointing to the chairs and sofas.