12 | Broken Promises

Ship Wrecked

Chapter 12• Broken Promises

Recap: "By now, Uma walked up to Mal who held out the wand in front of 'er but, this somehow felt too simple. Mal wouldn't go down with a fight. I bit me tongue, tryin' to urge away the thoughts that Mal could've somehow did somethin' that would make this wand a fake, or not work. Me sister was just 'bout to snatch the wand when,

"Hold up. Mm. Too easy."

"Why don't you give it a test drive? We want to see it work," I came up closer to Uma's side, right beside Harry 'nd the King who was still on the floor. Me brother's hook was lodged into the shoulder of Ben. He stared up at Mal with so much longin', pain, 'nd desperation that it took everythin' in me to hold back. I mean, this was the King. This was the lad who gave me a chance away from Hook. He was the one who helped me overcome the sense that I didn't have to be as bad as him. 'Nd even though, all that effort was worth nothin', he still tried. He still never gave up.

"You always were quite the drama queen," Mal scoffed, turnin' 'round as Uma called 'er attention once more, "Oh, and nothing too big, or else Ben is fish bait."

That's when I noticed a furry little rascal come out from the top of the bridge. I hate to admit it, but I missed that rascal of a dog. He was a sweet pup who just wanted attention. Me eyes scanned to look over to Carlos who insinuated towards Dude with his head, almost as if he knew that somethin' was up with him. The wand was fake. That much was true. 'Ere was no way they would just bring Fairy Godmother's wand with ease, 'nd hand it over to Uma like nothin'. This was all just a rig. But I said nothin'.

"Okay," M hesitated a bit, "Although it seems absurd, turn your bark into a word!" I squinted me eyes towards Dude who was lookin' round with confusion. "Talk, dog."

A small moment of silence, before Dude somehow blasted out the words, "Does this vest make me look fat?" To me astonishment, Dude just kept on talkin'. It wasn't some sort of con or anythin', but I knew that the wand was not the cause of this. It couldn't be.

Uma laughed before yellin', "Give me the wand!"

"Give me Ben!" Mal retorted back with fury that I swore she rocked the ship.

"Harry, bring him over," Me brother followed 'er commands with the flick a hand. I walked up closer to Uma's side, scannin' the features of the wand. It looked too plastic-like.

The group was watchin' movements, takin' in how me eyes ran over the thin handle bar that Mal had in 'er hand. Me mouth was 'bout to raise in protest when I met eyes with a familiar face. He nodded his head slowly, left to right, almost pleadin'. I shut me mouth, avoidin' any sort of conflict. I didn't want to rule the world, or Auradon. I just wanted me crew. Uma would find out soon enough that the wand isn't real but by then, Ben 'nd the others would be gone.

"-Chance," Gil finished some sort of speech to the King just as me brother pushed him to the ground on his knees while holdin' a sword dangerously close to his neck. Mal gaped a bit at the maltreatment of 'er beloved. Uma reached out to hold the wand but Mal flinched it back, lettin' 'er arm in fall in front of Ben.

"Cut him loose, Harry," She said as me brother sighed a huff of annoyance, "I never get to have any fun." He ran the sword from the bottom to top, makin' a clean slice for the ropes Ben was confined in. As soon as Ben had his hands free, he grabbed onto M's hand in a hurry. With a gasp, she handed the wand to Uma just as the group cheered 'nd screamed in delight behind us. I couldn't help but let out a small smile, with a sigh of relief. Who knows what Uma would do to the people of Auradon if she got 'er hands on the real wand. I may not have had the best life 'ere, 'nd sure, some of 'em deserved the torture, but they were me friends.