07 | Bad Girl

Ship Wrecked

Chapter Seven• Bad Girl

Recap: "Aye mom "

She simply stared right back at me, takin' in all me features. It's been about a year 'nd half to two years since I have last seen 'er. Captain isn't too fond of me stayin' near 'er. Nor am I too fond of bein' near 'er.

"Hello Darling," She spoke in a rude tone that she had whenever she was annoyed. "Nice of you to come and visit."

I sighed, slightly irritated by the fact that she still wants me to talk to 'er when she never made an effort to try to talk to me before. I noticed as the wrinkles 'round 'er face were growin' more prominent. "Sorry mom. Haven't been 'round much in these areas," I huffed, rollin' me eyes 'nd crossin' me hands over me chest.

"Having a sweet time in Auradon," She scoffed, forcin' a complete fake smile across 'er face. I had to hold back rollin' me eyes again. She was always so irritatin' as she expected so much from me when she gave me nothin'. Impatiently, I tapped me foot again the pavement floor.

"Ye, I had the best time of me life Ursula," I spat out, "Have a great day mother." I simply walked away from the conversation. This was a normal thing for us to do. We talked for a total of two minutes, she asks why I don't visit, I make up some excuse, then I walk away. "I'll see you around," She laughed before submergin' 'erself into the water before I could say anythin'. I stared down at the spot where me mother once lay, replayin' the last sentence she said to me. It almost sounded like a threat.

The threat lingered in me head as I walked back to me ship. Along the way, I noticed me brother comin' from the distance with a big grin on his face. That grin only delivered troublin' news. I turned me sense of direction away from the ship towards me brother who waved his hook as soon as he met me gaze. "What's the news?" I motioned as we continued walkin' side by side towards the dock where the rest of the crew was held. He simply nodded his head with that same look that he had plastered on before. Whatever it was, the news wasn't goin' to be any good. We walked back in silence, admirin' the few of the Isle where we had grown up. Memories of when we were children flooded back like a wave pool as I suddenly saw two young children chasin' each other 'round the dock with small wooden swords in our grasp. One of the kids had fallen onto the floor as the other one laughed. Harry sobbed slightly, havin' tears pour down as he held his knee on the ground which was now bleedin'. I had stopped me laughin' the moment I noticed the tears fallin' down his sullen face. Immediately, I came up to him with a soothin' tone tellin' him that everythin' was goin' to be alright. He nodded, his tears began subsidin' as he hugged me tightly. His tiny arms wrappin' 'round me own tiny frame. I quickly took out a handkerchief that I had once carried around everywhere I went 'nd bandaged his wound.

He looked at the handkerchief, noticin' the familiarity of it 'nd began to try to take it off. He knew it held some importance to me as it was the only thing that reminded me of me own mother. By then, I was at the age that I realized she didn't think of me as important as I thought of 'er so it didn't hurt as much to let it go even though it was the one thing she had given to me out of supposed love. I shook me head no to him as he tried to take it off before plantin' a kiss on his head. He smiled gleefully, pullin' me into another hug.

Harry always looked up to me. Even as kids, he was always followin' me 'round, tryin' to mimic me attitude 'nd the way I moved. And after a while, Uma was soon to follow. I was the role model for the two. I taught them what I knew 'nd what I knew wasn't correct in turns of Captain. I hadn't realized back then that Uma was me half-sister. No one had explained the concept to either of us so we continued to address each other as friends. Only a couple years ago did me mother finally explain what it meant for me to be 'er daughter 'nd me father daughter while Harry belonged to only me father 'nd Uma only to me mother. Things, however, stayed the same.