06 | Surprise

Ship Wrecked

Chapter Six• Surprise

Recap: " I stopped midway down the hall. 'I know.'"

The words rung in my head like poison. It coursed me blood, attackin' the little bit of self-esteem that made me feel like I was still Cyrus Hook. Now, I just felt like Princess Cyrus.

As I tossed 'nd turned in me room, thoughts coursed through me head like a rushin' river durin' a storm. In the end, I gave up at sleep completely, knowin' that nightmares will stun me the minute me eyes close. I swung me legs out of me bed to escape me room. I passed by the other two rooms hidden below me deck. One of them bein' Harry's 'nd the other belongin' to Uma. I looked 'round the hallway, watchin' the pictures slightly sway at the rockin' of the boat. I heard light snorin' as I passed by me brothers room. He was always a deep kind of sleeper. As soon as I opened the door to the outside world, a cool breeze rushed at me. The moon was high, the wind blowin' subtly but hard enough to send shivers down me spine. I looked over the ledge of me boat, starin' into the ocean once more. I missed it. I missed the way it sung with the wind. I missed the way it danced causin' the ship to dance along. I missed the fishes softly rush in and out the water. I missed Carlos.

I missed Carlos a lot. Me mind traveled back to the last time I saw him. It was at the fencin' event. He stared at me with the look he use to have. But then I remembered the moment with Jane. The stutter that started it all. The way he ignored me even though I practically begged for his attention. Maybe it was time for me to forget. Maybe it was time for me to move on. After years of hidin' theses emotions, buryin' it down inside of me forever, we were able to create somethin' special, only to be destroyed in a matter of a year.

I looked 'round the ship to catch sight of a lonely bird who perched upon the fence. It stared at me before givin' a little chirp 'nd then flyin' off into the distance towards Auradon. The lights were off, blendin' into the night sky. I heard a creak comin' from behind causin' me attention to snap towards the direction. Uma was comin' from 'er bedroom, walkin' towards me, "I knew you weren't gonna get any sleep tonight."

A soft chuckle left me lips as I stared at 'er petite form. She was tiny, but head-strong 'nd determined. If she wanted to, she could rule the world. "Ye know me so well ay," I replied as she made 'er way beside me figure.

"You're thinking about them, aren't you?" She responded, starin' off into the distance of the sea, "But that's not all right?"

I simply nodded me head in agreement. "I miss Carlos," I whispered out, slightly ashamed of the thought yet I wasn't sure why.

"I saw you two on TV. Must say I was surprised. I never thought you two would actually end up together," I looked over to her, scrunchin' up me nose in confusion, "I mean, you really are a hard-headed, stubborn person. 'Nd ye like to bury your problems. I didn't think that you'd actually end up telling him." Uma knew me better than I thought.

"Honestly, I didn't think it would happen either. I was plannin' to forget him since the beginnin' but mother sea has other plans I suppose," I replied, lookin' down into the ocean once more. The light was now turned off.

"And what happened?" She asked, "Where did it all go wrong?"

I dreaded thinkin' about it. It hurt me chest to even think about the issues that have occurin' over the past couple months. "A couple months ago actually. He started actin' distant. I wasn't sure why. I didn't know if I had done somethin' wrong. I asked him, he brushed it off. I didn't ask again. He simply became more and more distant with me. He ignored me. 'Nd," I had to stop meself from cryin', "Right before I left, he was stutterin' talkin' to another girl. I didn't think much about it at first but he kept lookin' at 'er like he had a secret. I tried to talk to him but he continued to talk to 'er. I tried, yet he ignored me once again. I think that was when I knew I had enough." I replayed the memory in me head, tryin' to find any reason for him to act in that way. I couldn't find a reason.