05 | Humanity

Ship Wrecked

Chapter Five• Humanity

Recap: "In every way, I ain't gonna pay attention to yer rules!"

It was clear that everyone was soaked by this time. Any minute now, 'ere minds would travel back to guilt. Then it'll turn into a mutiny of scurvy dogs tryna chase us away. "Harry," I whispered as I jumped off with ease, me hair flicking down with a soft flop.

"Loud 'nd clear," He agreed with a simple nod, already knowin' what was going through me mind. Our boots clicked as we ran away, hearin' the shouts of the peasants in the background. It was nice to finally be able to act bad. To finally be able to be meself with no one telling me what to do.

We ran 'nd ran until we reached the clearin' dock where ships lined up in a rows. I huffed out, tryin' to get the air to reach me lungs as me brother did the same. He ran a hand through his hair, leavin' an exaggerated sigh out his lips before he finally rested his chest. I couldn't help but smile. Me brother was turnin' into a fine specimen, but I missed it all. A whole year wasted away at a place where I thought could be a new home. When all I needed was right here. Me mind flashed into a string of days, showin' memories of Mal, Evie, Jay, and my once love Carlos. Harry must've noticed me frown as he turned to look at me with a look of confusion. "Ye miss them, don't ye," He read me mind. I sighed an exaggerated sigh before walking over to me ship. The crew was still cleanin' the area, sweepin' and moppin' till everything was spotless. A limping Peter attempted to brush off dust hangin' in the crevices of me ship. "Avast ye!" I yelled loud enough for them to hear me but a hint of sadness lingered in me voice. The crews eyes raised to me in fear, confusion, and curiosity. I looked 'round to notice me ship returnin' to it's old state. I nodded once, "Ye have done enough. Off with ye," I threw me hand back to insinuate there exit. The crew looked at each in confusion.

"I said, off with ye," I yelled alot more firmer than the first time. They nodded, still confused, but began to leave carefully off the ship. Each one sendin' a nod of respect as they headed off the deck, scatterin' off into the distance. Peter was the last to leave as he was the slowest of them all. He was badly bruised, a couple trickles of blood ran down his face, and his leg seemed to hurt him the most. I stopped him by outstretchin' me arm out before he passed me. His eyes shined with fear. "Take the next three days off. Get yeself cleaned up 'nd healed," I mumbled under me breath, not turnin' to face his direction. I knew what was crossin' his mind. Crew mates never get days off. They spend most there time on the deck, near the dock, or in nearby caverns. "C-captain?" He questioned in complete confusion. I held me head forward, not darin to make eye contact in fear of showin' weakness. "Now go," I pulled me arm away in order for him to cross over. He shuffled away but before he could get any farther, I called out, "And Peter,"

"Y-yes C-captain?" He gulped

"Don't ever disrespect me again."

"Yes Captain" I heard him say before he finally managed to get himself off the ship. Harry was still by me side, watchin' me intently. I could feel his gaze starin' into me soul. Me feet dragged itself down over to the edge of me ship, sitting meself down as me legs drapped towards the water. The area was where the plank was meant to be held but it had disappeared and all that was left was a gateway. Harry's footsteps mimicked mine as he took a seat right beside me. I knew this talk would come eventually. "Ye miss 'em?" He asked agaim, starin' off into the sun that was slowly startin' to departure. I looked in the same distance, thinkin' back onto the people that I had left. Evie and Jay still in Auradon, havin' the time of their life. Mal glued to the Isle doing who knows what. And Carlos, he's probably better off without me anyways.